VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Factory Jack and mount bracket, an also inside spare tire mount

lboast
    lboast

Number of posts : 112
    Registration date : 2020-11-01

Factory Jack and mount bracket, an also inside spare tire mount Empty Factory Jack and mount bracket, an also inside spare tire mount

Post by lboast Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:24 pm

I'm trying to restore my 1969 van to factory original as much as possible. I am in need of the factory Jack and mounting bracket, as well as the Jack handle and lug wrench. I also need the factory spare tire mounting rod washer and nut, or whatever it came with, for the passengers inside style. I have the bracket already, just missing the hardware. I live in the northwest, and already checked with Wildcat Auto Wrecking, and they said they did not have it.
    OutofSight
    OutofSight

Number of posts : 1558
    Registration date : 2015-11-19

Factory Jack and mount bracket, an also inside spare tire mount Empty Re: Factory Jack and mount bracket, an also inside spare tire mount

Post by OutofSight Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:38 am

Those are hard to find in any condition.
    lboast
    lboast

Factory Jack and mount bracket, an also inside spare tire mount Empty Re: Factory Jack and mount bracket, an also inside spare tire mount

Post by lboast Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:36 pm

I wonder how come they are so hard to find. Its like hubcaps. I know every vehicle came with all of them. It seems there should be a mountain of them somewhere that people have thrown away for all the different vehicles and years.
    lboast
    lboast

Post by lboast Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:38 pm

OutofSight wrote:Those are hard to find in any condition.
    If I had some GOOD pictures of what the hardware looked like (especially the spare tire washer) I might be able to fabricate a factory looking replica.
    lboast
    lboast

Post by lboast Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:08 pm

doesn't anyone even have any pictures of their factory jack and spare tire hardware so I can look for a close example? Please?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:52 pm