VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+8
vanny
dix
wideload
Rick's 66 Chevy Van
donivan65
OutofSight
Vanish
12 posters

Requesting Change ...

Vanner63
    Vanner63

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2010-11-11

Requesting Change  ... - Page 2 Empty Re: Requesting Change ...

Post by Vanner63 Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:51 pm

test
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12218
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:27 pm

I dont see any bills showing up,,,,,the site seems to be running OK,,,,,,,,We try and only allow people that are serious about Early Vans here,,,,,,,You try and join using a  name that irritates or offends someone or hide your location you WONT get on our site,,,,,,,I dont see any need for donations
    right now,,,,,,,dont even know where they go or if they go,,,,,,this is a family place,,,a van family place,,,,,there are not going to be any troublemakers or spammers here,,,,,registration is simple,,,,,pick a name,,,,,not your email address where the lurkers at night can see,( look at all these GUESTS that come out at night),,,,,,,put down a location that we recognize so we can meet up or hang out,,,,,,and its time for a few people here to update their location if they want to stay with us,,,,,,(look at our registration requirement) look at the I MET A VANNER  section,,,,look at I SEEN A VAN to see what is actually still out there,,,, This place is someplace to escape from all the craziness.....

Requesting Change  ... - Page 2 Guest210

Requesting Change  ... - Page 2 Locati10
    Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by Scott Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:07 am

I've been out for a while too as my van has been without a windshield until I could get the windshield frame repaired. Coming to this site while not being able to drive my van was like pouring salt in the wound. It took a while to get it in, but its supposed to come home today.    I am sad to see Chebby hasn't been on in a while, I hope she is doing well. I look forward to her being back when she is ready. Facebook is not my thing,   I grudgingly go on to see a local van club, but cant stand it. Is it possible to just have a Facebook page that explains what we are about with a link to the site? Just lock out peoples comments and have them come here?     This site is like home to me, and Facebook seems like any swill can drop in and post without thinking.   I know, I don't work hard to maintain this site, and I have the freedom to not login for a few months at a time, so my opinion probably doesn't hold much,  but that is my 2 cents.    Please let us know when the gas tank is running low, I am always there to pitch in..

Vanner63 likes this post

donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:58 am

This here website version is for people that are serious about EARLY VANS,,,,,however,,,,,the Facebook site attracts the newer vans,,,,,,and a,,,,,,, different,,,,,, crowd,,,,,its a constant fight over there to stop all the spammers, hackers and people who have nothing better to do than stir up trouble,,and its a totally different set up there,,,,,,,you know exactly where everything thing is over here and who you are dealing with. There is a link over there right to this site,,,,,,,but they are going to play by our rules here or they dont play at all................

savage and vanny like this post

Vanner63
    Vanner63

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2010-11-11

Post by Vanner63 Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:30 pm

Glad to hear you confirm that donivan65. Facebook is trash. Nothing more.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:49 pm

I dont post there,,,its really hard to figure out where everything is,,,,,,Vanish set it up to spread the word about how great our Vintage Van world is,,,,,,,but FaceBook is a different world,,,,,it has its own language,,,,,,over here we are like Analog,,,,,,over there is digital,,,,,,I like to read about vans instead of just see a thumbs up or down on the posts,,,,,,,there are like 8700 members there,,,,,,you might find 100 with Early vans if you look hard enough,,,,,and every night the place gets over run by all these,,,,APPLICANTS,,,,,,that joined Facebook 10 minutes ago from countries I never even heard of, and the the 1st thing they do is try and join the Vintage-Van group. But thats the Digital World,,,,,you either get it, love it, hate it or tolerate it......

savage, gmytych and Vanner63 like this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:32 am