VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Vent window positions

Otto
    Otto

Number of posts : 126
    Registration date : 2020-09-02

Vent window positions Empty Vent window positions

Post by Otto Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:03 pm

Question for those of you that own window vans; I am assembling my camper and it only has two of the tip-out windows. Where is the better spot for these windows- the side or the rear doors? More importantly why?

Thanks
    1940willys
    1940willys

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2018-02-20

Vent window positions Empty Re: Vent window positions

Post by 1940willys Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:31 pm

I have opening rear windows in a 3rd Generation Econoline. when you have them open when driving they suck in Exhaust Fumes! Bad News!
    Otto
    Otto

Number of posts : 126
    Registration date : 2020-09-02

Post by Otto Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:43 am

I have a modern E-250 with tip-out windows in the rear doors and love them; they do a good job of venting out dog smell, gasoline odors, farts, etc. I only get a hint of exhaust when the engine is cold and pulling out onto the road initially; after that nothing.

I'm curious how the tip-out windows work on the side of the van. It appears that each window is positioned differently- one as a "scoop" and the other as a traditional vent. The scoop orientation seems a bit extreme in how much air it could direct into the van. It looks like that window would create a tornado inside. What happens when both windows are open? Does air simply short circuit and just go in and then out the other window? I have never driven one of these vans so that's why I'm asking.
    Barnabas
    Barnabas
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2011
    Registration date : 2011-01-16

Post by Barnabas Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:31 pm

Ford put the "movable glass" window on the side doors and the left side wall. They never put them on the rear doors, though they do fit.

If you drive with them open on the back doors, make sure you have open vents/Windows at front of van to force air out the rear door Windows.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:37 pm