VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Lake Pipes???

southern man
    southern man

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

Lake Pipes??? Empty Lake Pipes???

Post by southern man Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:32 pm

I've been looking at the e-bay listings for vintage thrush pipes, but I'm not sure I can get them to look as nice as I'd like. Sooooo, I went looking on Google and so far these look more like what I'm thinking of.

http://www.pertronix.com/prod/ex/patriot/pop/h1050.aspx

About $250 for a set, so not too bad. I stumbled on a hotrod thread somewhere about the pros and cons of lake pipes and wanted to know what some of you guys have experienced. Apparently some pipes blue, like headers, from the heat. Others say they are really loud, but I don't mind that so much, and if its too loud I could always put another set of mufflers in between. Not sure how they'll sound with my 200 six.

Truthfully I'd really prefer dual exhausts out the back, roughly a foot on either side of the license plate, but the gas tank is in the way and I'm really not interested in relocating it.

Opinions requested!!!
    mo_1040
    mo_1040

Number of posts : 645
    Registration date : 2008-07-04

Lake Pipes??? Empty Re: Lake Pipes???

Post by mo_1040 Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:57 pm

I've looked at those pipes too but wanted something everyone does have. I went with the thrush sidepipes. They are a lot of work to polish but had ideas of color matching the pipes with high temp paint and polishing the top of the fins. There's a few different things you can do with them to make them your own. I haven't hooked mine up yet but been told will be loud...but they are long enough to double up 2 glasspacks in them if needed.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 am