VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

2nd Gen Barn Door Gaskets needed for outside handle and lock

Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

2nd Gen Barn Door Gaskets needed for outside handle and lock Empty 2nd Gen Barn Door Gaskets needed for outside handle and lock

Post by Scott Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:26 am

I'm looking for the gasket that goes between the door and the handle, as well as the round gasket that goes between the lock slug and the door.
    savage
    savage

Number of posts : 2626
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

2nd Gen Barn Door Gaskets needed for outside handle and lock Empty Re: 2nd Gen Barn Door Gaskets needed for outside handle and lock

Post by savage Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:30 pm

Clarks Corvair has them
    Scott
    Scott

2nd Gen Barn Door Gaskets needed for outside handle and lock Empty Re: 2nd Gen Barn Door Gaskets needed for outside handle and lock

Post by Scott Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:06 am

Thanks Savage, I think I found the right ones on their site and got them ordered.
    Scott
    Scott

Post by Scott Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:25 pm

Received my barn door handle gaskets today from Clarks Corvair. I'm very happy with them, thin rubber that is cut perfectly.

You can see in this picture where I bought two handle gaskets, and four lock gaskets. Above the gaskets you can see my door handle piece that sandwiches the gasket to the door.

At Clarks Corvair I ordered
    PN: c566   which is the four door lock gaskets I bought:  $2.15 each
    PN: c6530   which is the Side Door Handle Gasket:  $2.25 each
    Shipping: $4.80

I will buy from again, only one complaint...

They show on the purchase they only charge actual shipping, and they did charge me $3 less when they ran the order. But my gaskets should have fit into an envelope. Instead they packed them in a small box so they could include carpet samples for their Corvair carpets. So I paid more in shipping for carpet samples.

So, next time I will ask that they don't include the samples.

But, I'm happy to have my gaskets, so a few extra bucks in samples really doesn't bother me to much.

2nd Gen Barn Door Gaskets needed for outside handle and lock Gasket11
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:31 pm

,,,,We sure like it here when you post prices so people know what to expect,,,,,,,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:47 pm