VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

drive train finally installed, looking for confirmation of correct plumbing

vkarppinen
    vkarppinen

Number of posts : 119
    Registration date : 2015-08-28

drive train finally installed, looking for confirmation of correct plumbing Empty drive train finally installed, looking for confirmation of correct plumbing

Post by vkarppinen Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:10 pm

Man its been a long journey, I had everything rebuilt about 4 years ago, thanks to some good friends we planned and attacked it yesterday. I had posted a request for top motor pics yesterday and people came through, BIG THANKS...

Im looking for confirmation I (we) got everything right, My boys completed the plumbing when I was out running for parts. I think a couple pipes could be out of place. The piping coming out of the manifold on the right side im not to sure about.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks, Vin

P
    drive train finally installed, looking for confirmation of correct plumbing C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\ford van motor picsart of my problem finishing this was that 2 years ago I came across a sweet 65 Chevy Sportvan, almost all original in original paint, 60k miles cali van too, nooooo rust, turn key baby.

So as you can imagine I gave been enjoying that one.
    drive train finally installed, looking for confirmation of correct plumbing 20190710
    drive train finally installed, looking for confirmation of correct plumbing 20190712
    drive train finally installed, looking for confirmation of correct plumbing 20190711

drive train finally installed, looking for confirmation of correct plumbing 20190710
    drive train finally installed, looking for confirmation of correct plumbing 20190712
    drive train finally installed, looking for confirmation of correct plumbing 20190711
    vkarppinen
    vkarppinen

drive train finally installed, looking for confirmation of correct plumbing Empty trying to send the rest of the pics

Post by vkarppinen Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:14 pm

drive train finally installed, looking for confirmation of correct plumbing 20190713
    drive train finally installed, looking for confirmation of correct plumbing 20190715
    drive train finally installed, looking for confirmation of correct plumbing 20190714
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

drive train finally installed, looking for confirmation of correct plumbing Empty Re: drive train finally installed, looking for confirmation of correct plumbing

Post by Seth G Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:48 am

It looks to me like you've got the distributor and the trans vacuum lines reversed at the carb. The upper one should go to the distributor and the lower one should go to the transmission.
    vkarppinen
    vkarppinen

drive train finally installed, looking for confirmation of correct plumbing Empty Re: drive train finally installed, looking for confirmation of correct plumbing

Post by vkarppinen Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:25 am

Thanks Seth
    vkarppinen
    vkarppinen

Post by vkarppinen Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:07 pm

Is there a way to cut out the butterfly valve in the exhaust manifold? I figure the spring is broken so I guess I should remove it before I connect the exhaust
    jdlaugh
    jdlaugh

Number of posts : 298
    Registration date : 2013-03-18

Post by jdlaugh Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:24 am

The "spring" is actually a coil that opens the valve as the manifold heats up. When the engine is cold, it partially closes the flapper to direct hot exhaust to the base of the intake manifold, which helps speed the warmup process. The engine runs colder, longer without it.

You can buy new manifolds on e-bay for reasonable money. Or maybe someone here would have one of those bi-metal springs as a replacement.

drive train finally installed, looking for confirmation of correct plumbing Exhaus10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:38 am