VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Left brake light go off when flash right ?

marco_chevy
    marco_chevy

Number of posts : 151
    Registration date : 2015-05-23

Left brake light go off when flash right ? Empty Left brake light go off when flash right ?

Post by marco_chevy Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:11 pm

When i push brake pedal, 2 brake light turn on ! When i flash left or right , all flash ok .

When flash left , and push on brake , all is ok , but when i flash right and push on brake , left light stay off. If i push brake before flash , both light turn on , and when i flash right , left brake light turn off Sad.

What is the problem ?

donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12245
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Left brake light go off when flash right ? Empty Re: Left brake light go off when flash right ?

Post by donivan65 Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:31 pm

turn signal switch,,,,,,
    marco_chevy
    marco_chevy

Left brake light go off when flash right ? Empty Re: Left brake light go off when flash right ?

Post by marco_chevy Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:33 pm

And where is this turn signal switch ? In the streering column ?
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:17 pm

if,,,,,you got a 2nd Gen,,,,,,RockAuto looks like a good place to get one,,,,

Left brake light go off when flash right ? Ts210
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:30 pm

Its under the steering wheel,,,,#4,,,,,,

Left brake light go off when flash right ? Dscn0514
    marco_chevy
    marco_chevy

Post by marco_chevy Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:44 am

Hard job To do ? Need To pull out steering wheel first ?
    67VanHelsing
    67VanHelsing

Number of posts : 118
    Registration date : 2014-03-04

Post by 67VanHelsing Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:10 am

2nd the turn signal switch. You'll have to pull the steering wheel to access it.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:29 am

it sure is an irritating job,,,,,,,,,,you might need to get a steering wheel puller to get the steering wheel off,,,,,do a test,,,,take the horn button and nut off, wiggle and pull up on it to see if WANTS to come off peacefully,,,,,now them wires,,,,,you need to pull them up out the top,,,,,which means you need to remove each one out of those big black connectors,,,,,one by one and remember what hole they came out of and put them back in the right place after you shove all the wires back down through the steering column,,,,,,and those clips on the end of the wires that hold them in the black connectors MOST of the time dont like to come out,,,,,,practice on your old one,,,,,,see if you can get one wire out of a connector down by above the brake pedal,,,,,,

Left brake light go off when flash right ? Dscn0515
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:30 am

People sometimes just cut the wires before the connectors, shove the wires down and use those blue butt connectors or solder the wires back together again,,,,,,,,,,IF,,,,,you are that kind of person,,,,

Left brake light go off when flash right ? Dscn0516
    marco_chevy
    marco_chevy

Post by marco_chevy Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:51 pm

I try To remove steering and its very hard Sad. Not able. I will Search a puller tool!!

I also chek and when turn right, signal arm go more then the left side, and i can came back the arm a little bit ( i can feel a Small place To let the arm) and the brake light back on and all work fine! So i think the arm go too far ( used ) on this side and go over the contact! Possible ? So need To Be replace !
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:19 pm

They probably rent these pullers at Parts Stores for free,,,,,you can send me a PM about this stuff if you want,,,,,I got over 3000 of them,,,,,

Left brake light go off when flash right ? Dscn0517
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:19 pm

If you want to know whats going on in a turn signal switch,,,,,,,

there are 6 pins,,,,,4 are the bubs on the van,,,,,and a signal from the brake light switch and turn signal flasher,,,,,just sitting there you can see the paper clips from the rear lights are touching the brake light switch  contact,,,,so you got brake lights,,,, or you can just have the flasher blink the bulbs once the handle pushes the clips into the  turn signal flasher pin  ,,,,,and you can see there is always a rear brake light bulb connected to the  brake light switch,,,,,the handles job is to disconnect a rear bulb from the brake light switch so the flasher can blink it,,,,,,

Left brake light go off when flash right ? Turn_s10
    marco_chevy
    marco_chevy

Post by marco_chevy Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:26 am

Nice explications Smile. Thanks !!!
    marco_chevy
    marco_chevy

Post by marco_chevy Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:57 pm

Whitch one is the best To Buy ? Oe pro, standard or ac Delco ? The best one for Long Time ?

https://www.rockauto.com/fr/catalog/chevrolet,1969,g10,5.0l+307cid+v8,1307696,electrical-switch+&+relay,turn+signal+switch,4832
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:53 am

,,,,,,probably would go for the one made in USA,,,,,,,
    marco_chevy
    marco_chevy

Post by marco_chevy Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:12 am

I have changed yesterday. Disconnect wire by wire. The old one have 1 bumper/clip broken on the side that work bad. its why that go too far . May be possible to glue but not sur. I put the new one and all work fine now. Thanks for help !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 3:14 am