VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+15
Lazarusvan
Rick's 66 Chevy Van
redsockss
wylee
wdaguy
m1dadio
61econoline
wideload
crazee
ViewMaster
kookykrispy
wacko
G-Man
DanTheVanMan
billski
19 posters

Automatic Transmission Swap and More...

Lazarusvan
    Lazarusvan

Number of posts : 1293
    Registration date : 2011-02-22

Automatic Transmission Swap and More... - Page 3 Empty Re: Automatic Transmission Swap and More...

Post by Lazarusvan Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:03 am

wdaguy wrote:Looks great.. and I hate widow vans. What size tires are you using on the 17 inch rims?????? Are those polished or chrome? Sweeeeet!

Bill, that van is bad ass! I've always loved window vans and this reinforces that feeling. I'll end up with a panel out out of necessity, but that is one sweet damn van!
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Automatic Transmission Swap and More... - Page 3 Empty Re: Automatic Transmission Swap and More...

Post by sasktrini Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:25 am

I don't know how I ever missed this thread... I am totally lovin' your van! Great stuff! Cheers!
    66BC
    66BC

Number of posts : 159
    Registration date : 2010-01-05

Post by 66BC Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:35 pm

I haven't been on the site as often lately...wow...what an update. Another thumbs up from me. Looks really nice. Congrats. That shifter is the way I've thought of for a future convertion on mine and have always wondered why no one really does it. Simple, classic, and it works. Your van looks great all around. Great, great job!
    Rick's 66 Chevy Van
    Rick's 66 Chevy Van

Number of posts : 331
    Registration date : 2011-03-06

Post by Rick's 66 Chevy Van Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:41 pm

I like the others would you like to sell them? If so how much and will they be ok for daily driver and a dic brake job later?What is the size?The wheels iam talking about r the ones you had on in the gallery.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:00 pm

Me and billski went to a Lokar class @ Ididit. They are 100% American made. I also will be using one in the 64
    mbasaraba
    mbasaraba

Number of posts : 823
    Registration date : 2009-01-08

Post by mbasaraba Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:48 am

My wife has been looking at your van in this post and LOVES it. We have wanted a window van for a couple years, tracking one down is another story.

That is some nice restore work and love the deleted bumpers.
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1388
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Post by wideload Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:11 pm

Automatic Transmission Swap and More... - Page 3 Empty shifter

Post by Guest Fri May 04, 2012 11:23 am

what lokar shifter did you use and how did it work out
    ChevyVanMan1

Number of posts : 425
    Registration date : 2009-07-19

Post by ChevyVanMan1 Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:41 pm

I know this is an old thread just wanted to chime in what a beautiful van you did. Also, that simple trans mount is smart. Never liked alot hanging out the bottom even with the ground clearance of a van. Always thought the original 3 spd hanging Saginaw mount was pretty brilliant. Too bad they don't make them that way for modern automatics. Well done and thanks for all the pics.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:03 am