VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Info about kingpins and other front end parts.

Info about kingpins and other front end parts. Empty Info about kingpins and other front end parts.

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2009 7:24 pm

Anybody know what all parts are available for the a108? Bushings, tie rods ends, kingpins ect? Do thety still make brake shoes for the a108? Does the A108 use the same front end parts as the a100? i know that the brake shoes are bigger on the A108. But thats about all. I have a clunking kind of sound when hitting a bump while turning sharply. Somebody wiser than I says kingpins. I might as well do it all if I have to take it apart.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12218
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Info about kingpins and other front end parts. Empty Re: Info about kingpins and other front end parts.

Post by donivan65 Sat May 16, 2009 9:44 pm

You might want to check or undo 1 end of the shock absorbers just to take them out of play just to narrow down if thats the noise,,,,,

Info about kingpins and other front end parts. Empty Re: Info about kingpins and other front end parts.

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2009 9:59 pm

I findthought it might be a shock. I"ll crawl around under there tomorrow and see what I can find.
    thecruger
    thecruger

Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2008-11-27

Post by thecruger Sun May 17, 2009 7:59 am

most parts are available at Autozone..
    i got new shoes front and rear and hardware kits front and rear..
    also most front end parts king pins tie rod ends and so on..

Post by Guest Sun May 17, 2009 8:33 am

Do you know the canadian equivalent of autozone? Would it be napa? We also have lordco but the have poor service in our area. I'd prefer not to deal with them if I could.
    jkr
    jkr

Number of posts : 1148
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by jkr Sun May 17, 2009 3:42 pm

most canadian tire stores have part inventory computer systems that can check across the country for you. your brakes and king pin sets are dependant on axle weight and brake size. my guess is 11x2.5 shoes if its an a-108 and the bigger king pin set. get the axle weight off the vin tag on the door post and i might be able to cross some numbers over for you.

Post by Guest Sun May 17, 2009 7:41 pm

That would be great. I have the spring weight as well as the axle capacity.
    front axle cap:2200
    rear axle cap:3000
    front spring cap:1200
    rear spring cap:1410
    Max GVW 5400 lbs.
    Also its a 69 Fargo if that makes any difference. Has a 225 slant six and 3spd auto transmission. Armstrong steering and no power brakes. Thats about all I can tell you. Thanks for the info.
    jkr
    jkr

Number of posts : 1148
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by jkr Mon May 18, 2009 11:11 am

based on your info and past history;
    king pin kit: moog part # 8453B
    tie rod end: moog part # ES288R (right) ES288L (left)
    now the left one is extinct everywhere but i used a ES2221L on my truck after some machine work on the tie rod and steering link.
    front and rear brakes 10x2.5 raybestos part # 445 hardware kit 7129
    front and rear brakes 11x2.75 raybestos part # 333 hardware kit 7044
    front drums raybestos part # 140163 very hard to find so i used #2974
    rear drums raybestos part # 140017
    as i say to everyone go to the oldest parts store in your neighbourhood and try them first for old stock that might be laying around. if not these numbers can be cross referenced to other suppliers and manufactures with little effort.
    these numbers have worked for me in the past so all i can say is try it and good luck. sorry no guarantees on my part........jeff

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2009 9:28 am

Hmmmm.

Shoes, Front (11") Bendix R337
    Shoes, Front (10") Bendix R333

Shoes, Rear (10") Bendix R333

Drums, Front (11") Bendix 140017
    Drums, Rear (10") Bendix 140182

Hoses, Front Bendix 88224
    Hose, Rear Raybestos BH36758

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:10 am