VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

VW Bus being done on "Overhaulin"!

southern man
    southern man

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

VW Bus being done on "Overhaulin"! Empty VW Bus being done on "Overhaulin"!

Post by southern man Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:30 pm

I thought this show wasn't on anymore, but my son just called me and told me this is a new episode. So far it looks like Chip Foose is working his usual magic on the old VeeDub!!!
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

VW Bus being done on "Overhaulin"! Empty Re: VW Bus being done on "Overhaulin"!

Post by G-Man Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:54 pm

I will have to watch for that rerun. Smile
    Kakster
    Kakster

Number of posts : 236
    Registration date : 2008-05-18

Post by Kakster Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:03 am

I saw the show last night. That VW Bus came out nice.
    Kakster
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:46 pm

Here is some of it,,,,,

VW Bus being done on "Overhaulin"! Th_vw1
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:47 pm

VW Bus being done on "Overhaulin"! Th_vw2

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:36 am

It's very cool, love the low rider look to it. It looks like all the windows have slowed them down. They have a van like this on That 70's Show (as well as a Dodge A100).
    southern man
    southern man

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

Post by southern man Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:55 pm

I thought Foose did a really great job on this one. I especially like how he "corrected" design details on the original (adding the extra roof window, rounding off the front wheel wheel, etc.) BUT the one faux pas I think he committed was removing the large front VW symbol and replacing it with "volkswagen" in script. That large logo is iconic, and unmistakenly associated with these vans, especially since the owner is kind of a purist. Certainly something that could be changed back, but even my son called me after the show had aired and made the same comment, so I guess it's not just me.
    xjamesx
    xjamesx

Number of posts : 378
    Registration date : 2008-05-14

Post by xjamesx Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:59 pm

i'm with you on the front VW emblem. i said the same thing to my buddy after we watched it....

Post by Guest Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:29 am

southern man wrote:I thought Foose did a really great job on this one. I especially like how he "corrected" design details on the original (adding the extra roof window, rounding off the front wheel wheel, etc.) BUT the one faux pas I think he committed was removing the large front VW symbol and replacing it with "volkswagen" in script. That large logo is iconic, and unmistakenly associated with these vans, especially since the owner is kind of a purist. Certainly something that could be changed back, but even my son called me after the show had aired and made the same comment, so I guess it's not just me.
    lol and without it ,it won't be long before some folks start sayin "hey what year chevy is that" lmfao

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 5:39 pm