VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Where to source new or used wiring harness and windshield glass?

flyintiger
    flyintiger

Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2016-08-22

Where to source new or used wiring harness and windshield glass? Empty Where to source new or used wiring harness and windshield glass?

Post by flyintiger Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:26 am

Morning!

Was checking out some of the wiring harness in the doghouse area of the van and noticed some not so great stuff... There are a lot of exposed wires (no insulation, just bound with electrical tape), wires twisted together with big gobs of solder instead of butt connectors, and a pretty large parasitic draw on the battery when the ignition is in the off position.

I was wondering if any of you know where to source a new wiring harness that is compatible with the van (1967 A100, 225 six w/ 3spd) or where to find a used harness that I could rebuild and install.

Also, the passenger windshield is busted and needs to be replaced. I have found plenty of windshield rubber, but am having a hard time sourcing the glass. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Where to source new or used wiring harness and windshield glass? Empty Re: Where to source new or used wiring harness and windshield glass?

Post by donivan65 Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:16 am

If it is just a flat piece of glass,,,,,,,,,,we have AllStar Glass on Magnolia in El Cajon cut a piece of laminated glass for our Chevy windshields,,,,,,,I like mine tinted green,,,,,,,
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Where to source new or used wiring harness and windshield glass? Empty Re: Where to source new or used wiring harness and windshield glass?

Post by donivan65 Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:26 am

Where to source new or used wiring harness and windshield glass? Red_0211
    flyintiger
    flyintiger

Post by flyintiger Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:33 am

Perfect, thanks Donivan!

I'll give them a call this week to get a price quote.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:33 am

hows the other side,,,,,,you can take them a pattern or the glass and they will trace it,,,,,you might want both sides nice and new,,,,,,nothing better than a nice new piece of,,,,,,,,,,glass..............
    whalemstr
    whalemstr

Number of posts : 248
    Registration date : 2012-06-27

Post by whalemstr Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:25 pm

If you find a source for the harness let me know!
    Also, where did you get the rubber for our windows?
    Thanks,
    dan
    OutofSight
    OutofSight

Number of posts : 1558
    Registration date : 2015-11-19

Post by OutofSight Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:21 pm

The best rubbers out there are from Steele Rubber Products.

The harness can be recreated by using a Painless Wire set up.
    flyintiger
    flyintiger

Post by flyintiger Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:39 am

I was hoping to stay away from the painless kits, they are kinda pricey. Ideally, I'd like to find an intact, used harness that I can just rebuild. I missed the last one that was on ebay, and it sole for just under a hundred bucks.

For anyone who did use the painless kit, did you rewire more or less back to stock? I was planning on using a pertronix ignition system and removing the ballast resistor, but otherwise leaving everything the way it it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:47 pm