VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

throttle linkage

dougtappan
    dougtappan

Number of posts : 310
    Registration date : 2014-08-19

throttle linkage Empty throttle linkage

Post by dougtappan Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:06 pm

Well it's been 2 years since I tore the van apart and now I'm ready to put the throttle linkage back on but I must be missing a piece cause nothing is making much sense .....So if the g
    Grand Master....Donnie or any else has pictures of the way the linkage is supposed to be set up I will have a starting point. Of the 3 manuals I have ,none show that linkage. Thanks in advance.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

throttle linkage Empty Re: throttle linkage

Post by donivan65 Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:35 pm

Well the gas pedal connects to a long rod,,,,,it goes to a lever inside the doghouse above the clutch rod,,,,,then a shorter rod goes back from that lever towards the alternator to another lever on the intake manifold,,,,then another rod goes from that lever up onto  the carburetor

throttle linkage Dscn9028

throttle linkage Dscn9029
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

Post by Vantasia Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:28 am

dougtappan wrote:Well it's been 2 years since I tore the van apart and now I'm ready to put the throttle linkage back on but I must be missing a piece cause nothing is making much sense .....So if the g
    Grand Master....Donnie or any else has pictures of the way the linkage is supposed to be set up  I will have a starting point. Of the 3 manuals I have ,none show that linkage.    Thanks in advance.

The shop manual van supplement clearly shows the entire linkage set-up from pedal to carb in two different diagrams? here, this is actually from one of Doni's older posts!:

https://servimg.com/view/12482430/2123

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:23 am