VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

62 Epup New to forum / parts help

Laserwolf

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2016-03-19

62 Epup New to forum / parts help Empty 62 Epup New to forum / parts help

Post by Laserwolf Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:16 pm

Hey y'all, I'm a new Econoline owner here in Hawaii but not new to classic Fords as I owned a 65 Falcon wagon before this and a 64' Galaxie before that. Stoked to have found this forum! Wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of parts. Specifically looking for side chrome trim like on a Spring Special or similar ( Im not actually sure what years came with the side trim/moulding). I'm familiar with the basic sites like Macs, Deerborn and tons of underground Falcon sites but I'm having a real hard time tracking down this trim. Is this something that is still made or am I going to have to find used? I have a 62' 5 window pickup that actually has a side ramp similar to a Corvair ( never seen this before on a Ford ). Will post pictures when I can figure out how. Thanks in advance!

Laserwolf
    @laserwolf.photo
    www.laserwolfphoto.com

Last edited by Laserwolf on Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    QCT
    QCT

Number of posts : 559
    Registration date : 2015-01-01

62 Epup New to forum / parts help Empty Re: 62 Epup New to forum / parts help

Post by QCT Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:55 pm

Welcome to the forum Laserwolf! The chrome side trim is not something that is reproduced. I recently saw on eBay a seller had a complete set but I can't seem to find the link. Perhaps it sold. Due to a complete set being somewhat rare it'll probably be kinda pricey.
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Post by Seth G Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:21 am

There is a forum member working on reproducing the trim.
    Laserwolf

Post by Laserwolf Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:39 am

Really? Thats killer!!!!
    Seth G
    Seth G

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Post by Seth G Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:02 pm

I can't find the thread, but he had the strips and was working on a mold for the points on the ends.
    Laserwolf

Post by Laserwolf Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:17 pm

Right on Seth, thanks for the heads up! I'll be on the lookout.
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:03 pm

The Narrow trim is being reproduced. Here's a van with that style trim.

62 Epup New to forum / parts help DSC05950-vi

I sent a point to the guy that is working on the reproduction trim but I haven't heard anything lately. I sent an email about a month ago but got no reply. Hopefully it will happen soon.
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Post by econopoor Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:09 pm

I saved this picture of your truck a few months ago when it was up for sale. I must say I've never seen a door like that on any other Econoline. An odd deal it is.

62 Epup New to forum / parts help 00c0c_77ILlqjPcaP_600x450-vi

Duane
    Laserwolf

Post by Laserwolf Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:28 pm

Right on Econopoor, please keep me posted regarding the trim. That door is actually a side ramp like a Corvair. I've never seen one like it before either. I just bought it last week in LA and it's in the process of being shipped over here to Hawaii. I'm getting that hideous yellow painted ASAP.
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:14 am

Duane, do you think that door was custom work by a previous owner or was it something you could order from the factory?

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Post by econopoor Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:13 am

I'd say it's custom. I can't see Ford using a piano hinge on something like that.

Duane
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Post by econopoor Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:15 am

Laserwolf wrote:Right on Econopoor, please keep me posted regarding the trim. That door is actually a side ramp like a Corvair. I've never seen one like it before either. I just bought it last week in LA and it's in the process of being shipped over here to Hawaii. I'm getting that hideous yellow painted ASAP.

I like the Yellow. But then again, They say I'm a little strange. I almost bought a 67 pickup the other day just because it was a factory Chrome Yellow truck.

Duane
    QCT
    QCT

Number of posts : 559
    Registration date : 2015-01-01

Post by QCT Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:08 am

I remember seeing it for sale also. Definitely cool and unique!
    Laserwolf

Post by Laserwolf Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:27 pm

would it be blaspheme to use trim meant for another vehicle? Found this guy on eBay who makes a variety of nice looking trim. Waiting to hear back if he has anything for an E Pup. Seems like a a simple cut for door gap is all it would take to work yeah? Can anyone give me the dimensions of their trim? Thanks!

ebay trim link

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:49 am