VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Rod clip retainer rear door Chevy 1969

marco_chevy
    marco_chevy

Number of posts : 151
    Registration date : 2015-05-23

Rod clip retainer rear door Chevy 1969 Empty Rod clip retainer rear door Chevy 1969

Post by marco_chevy Mon May 23, 2016 6:09 am

Need your help. It have A rod in the back door that was locked in the door. Not able to open. I finally open whit A screw driver in the bottom of the door. I Need A retainer clip that go in this Rod. What It the name of this Rod ? The name of the retainer clip ? Thanks

Rod clip retainer rear door Chevy 1969 Image27
    Rod clip retainer rear door Chevy 1969 Image26
    m1dadio
    m1dadio
    Chevy Guru

Number of posts : 1778
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

Rod clip retainer rear door Chevy 1969 Empty Re: Rod clip retainer rear door Chevy 1969

Post by m1dadio Mon May 23, 2016 7:14 am

Those clips are hard to find new. I don't know of anybody finding a reasonable replacement.
    There is a part number for them (I cant remember) I search every where a couple years bak and found three NOS clips I promtly purchased.

I recomend saving every used one anybody can find. You need to be real carfull removing the clip.
    I made a special tool to release the clip. Simple tool with two pins to get under the two sides of the clip stratling the door latch pin.

You might look fpr a clip in the bottom of your doors and use a magnet. I have found lots of unused and NOS parts in the bottom of doors.

M1D
    samsvan
    samsvan

Number of posts : 672
    Registration date : 2014-09-04

Rod clip retainer rear door Chevy 1969 Empty Re: Rod clip retainer rear door Chevy 1969

Post by samsvan Mon May 23, 2016 3:13 pm

I've twisted a piece of wire around the notch in the pin that the rod goes on to act as the clip. Not much room to work in there but it can be done.
    marco_chevy
    marco_chevy

Number of posts : 151
    Registration date : 2015-05-23

Post by marco_chevy Mon May 23, 2016 4:37 pm

I have put an other modèl of clip , hard to clip buy i think It will be safe. Thanks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:59 pm