VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Sand Blasting Cabinet Review

Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

Sand Blasting Cabinet Review Empty Sand Blasting Cabinet Review

Post by Vantasia Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:43 am

We needed a sand blasting cabinet for our shop on a budget, so I bought one of those cheapo economy ones from Harbor Freight Tools, less than $200 with the fittings and their constant online 20% off discount coupons.  Got to tell you, it works fantastic! Not quite as powerful as a $2000-3000 professional setup, but great for the money. Looks like this:
    Sand Blasting Cabinet Review Image_11
    Needs 90-125 psi with good cfm to operate like a 30-50 gallon compressor which we have and that's about all.  Uses a shop vac connected to a side port to draw out the dust without much loss of the media, just put a Blue HEPA filter in it.  Comes as a kit, took half a day to build and it leaked a little, just had to silicone up some of the joints, no biggie, the nozzle is simply a paint gun with a pickup tub and a ceramic nozzle....This has countless uses working of van parts, wish I had one years ago! Just had to share.....usually don't but the junky tools from HF....
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Sand Blasting Cabinet Review Empty Re: Sand Blasting Cabinet Review

Post by Twinpilot001 Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:40 am

I have had this same one now over 7 years! Works great!! I would suggest using another media in it other than sand! Also= use a cover inside the glass & install a light inside it = will work better!! cheers
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Post by Vantasia Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:00 pm

Twinpilot001 wrote:I have had this same one now over 7 years! Works great!! I would suggest using another media in it other than sand! Also= use a cover inside the glass & install a light inside it = will  work better!! cheers
    Using the carbide 70 grit media, just call it sand for slang!  It came with an LED light built in and a pack of peel away glass protectors...oh good, if we get 7 years out of it, I won't have to worry, will be retired before that LOL!
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:02 pm

Got the same one in our shop. Had it for a long time. I need to get new gloves for it now tho. Definitely need a lot of filter before the shop vac. Burned up a couple of them.
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Post by Vantasia Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:56 am

Digz wrote:Got the same one in our shop. Had it for a long time. I need to get new gloves for it now tho. Definitely need a lot of filter before the shop vac. Burned up a couple of them.
    HF told me they sell the gloves separate when we need new ones....I worked at a place that had an old school super high end high powered like $4000-5000 one of these with a built in filter system and air dryer and this thing for under $250 with everything works just as well! Here's the coolest one I've ever seen though:
    Sand Blasting Cabinet Review Blasti10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:23 am