VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+3
67a 100 pickup
G-Man
tazvan67
7 posters

Taz'z 9th Annual Vintage Van Fest ALL VANS WELCOME!!

tazvan67
    tazvan67

Number of posts : 89
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

Taz'z 9th Annual Vintage Van Fest ALL VANS WELCOME!! Empty Taz'z 9th Annual Vintage Van Fest ALL VANS WELCOME!!

Post by tazvan67 Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:25 am

Hi Everyone, I would drop a line to say how things are gearing up for Taz'z 9th Annual Vintage Chevy Van Fest. The show is open to All Makes & Year Vans!! I have trophies for Early & Late modles. There are a few things going on that weekend. Hy~Rollin Vans is hosting a Van show about 5 miles from Taz'z VCVC on Saturday September 5th. Everyone is welcome before & after the show. There will be lots of eats, drinks, fun & entertainment. I will be serving burgers, hot dogs, brats, Fish Fry, & Lots of sides. Hope to see everyone there. Here is a link for the flier. The new garage is up and the lift is working FanTazTic!! Jill calls it Taz'z Toy Box!! bounce
    http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/hyrollinvans/images/flyer/TazzVCVCFest2009.pdf

http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/hyrollinvans/images/flyer/HRV-Van-Show-09.pdf

http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/hyrollinvans/images/flyer/hy-rollin-09.pdf

Taz!!
    tazvan67

Number of posts: 7
    Registration date: 2008-07-21
    tazvan67
    tazvan67

Taz'z 9th Annual Vintage Van Fest ALL VANS WELCOME!! Empty Re: Taz'z 9th Annual Vintage Van Fest ALL VANS WELCOME!!

Post by tazvan67 Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:49 pm

Just a little up-date. Saturday September 5th Hy~Rollin Vans is hosting a van show about 5 miles from my house. We always caravan to my house after the show and people can get freshened up or just sit around and shoot the breeze with a cold beverage. Then we go out to dinner. This year I have a VAN LIMO to take us out to dinner. Yes I said a Van Limo!!! After dinner we can sit around the bonfire and ??? Sunday is Taz’z Vintage Van Fest “Party in the Yard” and remember all vans are welcome!!! 2 dash plaques, 1 weekend and both shows have trophies for many classes.
    See Everyone Soon!!!
    Taz!!!!
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Taz'z 9th Annual Vintage Van Fest ALL VANS WELCOME!! Empty Re: Taz'z 9th Annual Vintage Van Fest ALL VANS WELCOME!!

Post by G-Man Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:05 pm

Taz I'm really going to try to make it this year. Had a blast a few years ago and have to do it again
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:15 am

My plan is to go to Taz Fest this year. Are there any other MI guy's planning on going???? Maybe we can head out together??? If you have never been to Taz Fest it a great time.
    67a 100 pickup
    67a 100 pickup

Number of posts : 1319
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

Post by 67a 100 pickup Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:48 pm

600 miles round trip, hummmm, I'd have to get rid of the ball and trunnion for sure, I'll have to think on it.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:39 pm

It would be cool if we could get a few Michigan guys and maybe pickup a few IN guys along the way to go to this.
    tazvan67
    tazvan67

Post by tazvan67 Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:39 am

sunny Trophies are finished!! They look cool!! Ordering T-shirts & Dash plaques next week. We are doing a Luau Theme this year. That means everyone gets layed this year!! Remember Hy~Rollin Van is doing a show Saturday Sept. 5th just 5 miles from my house. That means 2 dash plaques & another chance for a Trophy!
    See you all soon!!
    Taz!!
    Smile
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:20 pm

Guy's I put this event up there with the Nat's. Good people great food very good time for sure.
    tazvan67
    tazvan67

Post by tazvan67 Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:26 am

Just a little update, I have picked out a place for Saturday night dinner for those that want to attend. The Limo van will take us to Jesters. They have anything from Hotdogs to Pizza. They are well known for their Double D Pizza & Italian beef bombers. They are offering us all you can eat Pizza & Wings for 2 hours for the low price of $10.00 each or we can just order off the menu. They have reserved an area for us. They would like to know if we would like to do the all you can eat or just order off the menu ahead of time. So if you are attending I am asking that you please reply to this with your preference or call me @ 847/560-5147.

Thanx,

Taz!!

bounce
    tazvan67
    tazvan67

Post by tazvan67 Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:37 am

Twisted Evil Just a little up-date. There is a Swap meet Sunday morning about 10 miles from my house. http://www.skipsusa.com/ It’s their 25th Annual. In the previous years there has been a group that cruised over to the swap meet.
    See everyone next week!!!
    Taz!!
    tazvan67
    tazvan67

Post by tazvan67 Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:13 am

bounce Just in!! We will be serving Coffee and Biscuits & Gravy for breakfast Sunday morning!! And best of all it’s FREE!!!!

Taz!!
    bendone
    bendone

Number of posts : 56
    Registration date : 2008-08-25

Post by bendone Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:26 pm

The Tophies are done?! What are we going to do Friday night?? lol!
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:54 pm

bendone we will think of something
    tazvan67
    tazvan67

Post by tazvan67 Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:59 am

I am sure I can find something for you to do!! bounce
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:23 pm

All packed going to leave @ 6:00am, I'm take alot of pictures of both show for everyone.
    BILLS66
    BILLS66

Number of posts : 1383
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by BILLS66 Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:59 am

Can't wait to see the pics ,have a safe journey all. Bill
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:29 pm

Sorry I'm a little late in getting these pictures here. They take a while to download. First off want to say that Taz is a excellent host. Makes every feel very welcome and truly a great guy. Has everything set up there for camping out. If you havn't ever been there you are missing something. I'm going to start out with Taz's projects in the works

Cool 66 No Door
    Taz'z 9th Annual Vintage Van Fest ALL VANS WELCOME!! 100_0039

Taz'z 9th Annual Vintage Van Fest ALL VANS WELCOME!! 100_0110
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:40 pm

Here is a 4 wheel project, some of you may remember this one. Also he maybe selling this one I think
    Taz'z 9th Annual Vintage Van Fest ALL VANS WELCOME!! 100_0112

Taz'z 9th Annual Vintage Van Fest ALL VANS WELCOME!! 100_0113

Now alot there thought this was ugly but I thought it was very cool. (only 7 made) 66 Chevy camper van
    Taz'z 9th Annual Vintage Van Fest ALL VANS WELCOME!! 100_0114

Taz'z 9th Annual Vintage Van Fest ALL VANS WELCOME!! 100_0115

Taz'z 9th Annual Vintage Van Fest ALL VANS WELCOME!! 100_0116
    itruns
    itruns

Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2008-07-03

Post by itruns Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:59 pm

G-Man wrote:
    Now alot there thought this was ugly but I thought it was very cool. (only 7 made) 66 Chevy camper van
    Taz'z 9th Annual Vintage Van Fest ALL VANS WELCOME!! 100_0114

aka The Turd! LOL It looks rougher in person then it did on Ebay. But yes, I was diggin' it as well...
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:05 pm

here are some interior shots of the camper van
    Taz'z 9th Annual Vintage Van Fest ALL VANS WELCOME!! 100_0117

Taz'z 9th Annual Vintage Van Fest ALL VANS WELCOME!! 100_0118

This is Ron's sweet first gen
    Taz'z 9th Annual Vintage Van Fest ALL VANS WELCOME!! 100_0119

Taz'z 9th Annual Vintage Van Fest ALL VANS WELCOME!! 100_0120

Taz'z 9th Annual Vintage Van Fest ALL VANS WELCOME!! 100_0040
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:19 pm

Taz'z 9th Annual Vintage Van Fest ALL VANS WELCOME!! 100_0121

Taz'z 9th Annual Vintage Van Fest ALL VANS WELCOME!! 100_0122

Taz'z 9th Annual Vintage Van Fest ALL VANS WELCOME!! 100_0123

Taz'z 9th Annual Vintage Van Fest ALL VANS WELCOME!! 100_0124

Taz'z 9th Annual Vintage Van Fest ALL VANS WELCOME!! 100_0125
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:48 pm

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:02 pm

Taz'z 9th Annual Vintage Van Fest ALL VANS WELCOME!! 100_0131

Taz'z 9th Annual Vintage Van Fest ALL VANS WELCOME!! 100_0132

Taz'z 9th Annual Vintage Van Fest ALL VANS WELCOME!! 100_0134

Taz'z 9th Annual Vintage Van Fest ALL VANS WELCOME!! 100_0135

Taz'z 9th Annual Vintage Van Fest ALL VANS WELCOME!! 100_0136
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1388
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Post by wideload Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:50 pm

Great pic's Chris !!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!! I'm going to have to make that one sometime.

itruns
    itruns

Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2008-07-03

Post by itruns Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:25 pm

There were vanners from Illi-noise, Wisconsin, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Mississippi (saturday) and even Alabama. What am I missing? Wasn't there someone there from Kentucky?

Great time. Tons of food and lots of drink (I'm all about the food). 10 car garage with lift. Port-a -potti. Bonfire. Van with monster sound system playing Rush. Fox looking dog (What the hell is that?). A few burn-outs (tires, silly). Road was closed off so that the late model vans could park on the street and the important Earlies were circled around in the yard Laughing
    There was even a windshield installation demonstration on that 4x4.

Most importantly, we got to meet a whole bunch of great people who share the same love for these very unique vehicles that were only manufactured for a short time in automobile history.

Thanks so much for coming down here G-Man, you totally helped make my weekend! When my wife actually thought that making a run to Bakers may be fun, I about fell over.

Thanks Taz and all your family for putting on such cool events. It takes a lot of time and effort to pull something like that off. I could not believe how many Earlys you got to come. Btw - Kim loves her new T-Shirt.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 6:21 pm