VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

85' Custom Chevy Astro

Poll

Price?

[ 2 ]
    85' Custom Chevy Astro  I_vote_lcap100%85' Custom Chevy Astro  I_vote_rcap [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    85' Custom Chevy Astro  I_vote_lcap0%85' Custom Chevy Astro  I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 2
    Poll closed
    Willy_B_1997
    Willy_B_1997

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2015-06-22

85' Custom Chevy Astro  Empty 85' Custom Chevy Astro

Post by Willy_B_1997 Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:01 pm

I have a customized Chevrolet Astrovan in my possession that I'm looking to sell.  It runs fine, the v6 engine and overdrive transmission have around (probably under) 20,000 miles on them. The higher performance exhaust only has 1000 miles on it. It has a Belltech lowering kit and all new computer components. The check engine light is on but my dad and I think it's because of the larger engine and cam. As for the cosmetics, it was painted black and flamed by Mr. Bill and pinstriped by the one and only Mike Clines. The paint is all in perfect condition. The rear bumper is hand made and the back windows are welded up making it essentially a panel van. The only real downsides are the salvage title, back tags, smog stuff (though it should pass fine) and the interior could use a little tlc. It's a fun little van for sure. If you have any comments, suggestions, advice, concerns or are interested in buying hit me up through my main email willbradley68ss@gmail.com or my secondary, which I use for this site, manwithaan@gmail.com. Thank you.

Last edited by Willy_B_1997 on Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
    AZ SuperVan
    AZ SuperVan

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2013-09-12

85' Custom Chevy Astro  Empty Re: 85' Custom Chevy Astro

Post by AZ SuperVan Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:30 pm

Sorry but these things are all red flags. Fix all of this and then try again.

• The check engine light is on but my dad and I think it's because of the larger engine and cam

painted matte black

salvage title

back tags

smog stuff

Willy_B_1997
    Willy_B_1997

Post by Willy_B_1997 Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:46 pm

Alright thank you. I can smog it first, I'll look farther into the check engine light being on. I was mistaken on the paint as well. The only thing I'm really concerned with is the back tags. But I've heard that after a certain amount of not being registered it stops mattering. It doesn't compounding each year you know? I don't know if that's true. I wish there was something I could do about the salvage title. What do you think I could get for it the way it is?
    AZ SuperVan
    AZ SuperVan

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2013-09-12

Post by AZ SuperVan Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:31 pm

With a CEL and back tags, you are starting out deep in the hole. The salvage title is a big issue too. I am guessing less than $500. You would do better to part it out unless you can get it back on the road. You can get one that is 10 years newer, no issues and a good title for $1500 all day long.
    kookykrispy
    kookykrispy

Number of posts : 1533
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

Post by kookykrispy Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:43 pm

throw it on craigslist for $900
    AzDon
    AzDon

Number of posts : 742
    Registration date : 2014-01-20

Post by AzDon Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:19 pm

A "Check Engine Light" is an automatic "fail" of a California smog test AND the equipment can tell if you try to cheat it by disabling the bulb or clearing the codes immediately before the test..... Salvage title saps HALF THE VALUE, and back DMV fees can run over a thousand, and I don't believe there is ever any amnesty for this....
    In my area of Arizona, we aren't required to EVER smog anything and back Ca DMV fees are irrelevant here, but that means nothing to you in NorCal......
    It sounds pretty cool otherwise, so what might you want for it?

You obviously anticipated having a cool cruiser but getting it to pass smog and back fees are probably unaffordable, so you wanna sell........
    You could sell it to me and buy it back with AZ plates, but you still would eventually have to pass smog to repatriate it to CA
    Willy_B_1997
    Willy_B_1997

Post by Willy_B_1997 Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:54 pm

I actually have family out in Arizona, just outside of Tuscon, Saurarita area. If you want it, please email me and we can discuss price. I could really use the money as I'm trying to get another car as a commuter to and from the College I plan on attending.
    AzDon
    AzDon

Number of posts : 742
    Registration date : 2014-01-20

Post by AzDon Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:57 pm

Maricopa and Pima counties require smoggin..... You could find out if your relatives' county requires it... If not, You may be able to just send them paperwork to title and register, wiping away your back Ca fees.....
    You got any pictures you could post?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 3:26 am