VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

vent window restoration

samsvan
    samsvan

Number of posts : 672
    Registration date : 2014-09-04

vent window restoration Empty vent window restoration

Post by samsvan Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:10 pm

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdrjsrestorationrx.com%2F&ei=jGoHVeqBPdLLsASbuYDoDg&usg=AFQjCNGSaFsw1PcxhRmocH8j6tMtZ4P3iQ&bvm=bv.88198703,d.ZWU
    I saw this guy on youtube and decided to get him to restore my vent windows. I'm happy as hell to say that he did an awesome job, it didn't take long at all and it cost what he said it would! I supplied the new rubber and felts and my parts and glass were fine. He dismantled both of them, sandblasted all the parts, polished the chrome, painted the steel, riveted everything back together with his tubular rivet gun and installed the felts and rubber for $150 for both. That rivet gun he has is a must for not beating the crap out of your new Steele Rubber glass seals. I'll add pic's tomorrow.
    westcoastvanner
    westcoastvanner

Number of posts : 1686
    Registration date : 2008-10-04

vent window restoration Empty Re: vent window restoration

Post by westcoastvanner Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:48 pm

I contacted him and he says that he needs me to supply the new rubber, where did you locate a supplier that sells new rubber and do they sell rubber that fits A100 vent windows?
    samsvan
    samsvan

Post by samsvan Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:35 pm

I got my rubber from Steele Rubber. Tell them what your van is and they will send you a list of everything they have for it. There's the seal that the glass shuts against and the big main seal around the outside. I can't remember where I got the felt. I got the rivets from Tuckers but they only do GM's so I don't know if they're the same size or type.
    Good luck, Sam
    samsvan
    samsvan

Post by samsvan Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:28 pm

Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Post by Joe Van Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:15 am

"Very Impressive"..!!!..I may send him the vent windows from my 3rd gen when I get my income tax... Very Happy

Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:30 am

i posted herb under a100 parts link

Post by samsvan Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:48 pm

Joe, that makes about half a dozen things you're going to spend that tax refund on. I hope it's a big one! lol!
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Post by Joe Van Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:52 am

samsvan wrote:Joe, that makes about half a dozen things you're going to spend that tax refund on. I hope it's a big one! lol!
    You are 100% wright Sam I am getting $3,600 back total this year the first $1,200 is going for rebuilding the 700R4 trans in my 1991 Chevy van witch screwed me up royally (I had to borrow the money) and leaves me about $2,400 left and the wife gets half of that ( for bills) so I can keep the peace with her my front springs and interior are on the back burner for now on "Red Ryder" ..!!!.. I need to renew my plates for my 1975 Chevy van witch expired January 2014 I also need 4 tires the ones on it are from 2003 and need a battery for it too so I have to stretch the $1,200 I have left..I have spent the last 2 years working on my early and have fallen "WAY" behind on my 3rd gen the rubbers are original on the vent windows and I have not opened them in over 10 years so I am hoping I will have some cash left to get them rebuilt I will worry about getting them in and out without scratching the paint and let someone else worry about rebuilding them and I will start a new list for next years income tax.. Very Happy ..vent window restoration 55947210

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:32 am