VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Goodbye to the Pentastar logo !!!

rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Number of posts : 624
    Registration date : 2013-07-19

Goodbye to the Pentastar logo !!! Empty Goodbye to the Pentastar logo !!!

Post by rustytoolss Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:31 am

Fiat is removing the pentastar from the Chrysler logo. This news is from October 17-2014. There is a petition to try and stop this. The petition is at www.change.org look for a red bar at the right, then type in pentastar. If someone knows how to add a link please do so. I'm sure we can't stop fiat, be we call let our opinions be known. Thanks
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Goodbye to the Pentastar logo !!! Empty Re: Goodbye to the Pentastar logo !!!

Post by benwah Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:42 am

I say let the Pentastar go. New owners new logo, Sad to say mopar hasn't made a good looking car in over fourty years or a good looking truck since 1993. I remember the fiat cars from the 70s were not very good. I kinda feel the same way of the chevy bowtie.
    rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Post by rustytoolss Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:38 am

benwah wrote:I say let the Pentastar go. New owners new logo, Sad to say mopar hasn't made a good looking car in over fourty years or a good looking truck since 1993. I remember the fiat cars from the 70s were not very good. I kinda feel the same way of the chevy bowtie.

I guess it's like your signature.....the land of broken dreams, and shattered hopes. Sad but true
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by benwah Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:48 am

Well like the new Chrysler commercials sings"Things have changed." Yes they have. At first finding out the news of this I was saying wtf?
    Then after thinking about the whole picture. They used to drop dodge trucks to the ground in their commercials I would like to see them try that now. It would be nice to have a new truck, fuel injection a horn that works. I just cant see spending 50 grand on a truck that will soon be a rot box in four years. If I had 50 grand to burn Id go to one of those Barret Jackson auctions and buy two or more fully restored trucks. Better investment.
    rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Post by rustytoolss Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:17 am

benwah wrote:Well like the new Chrysler commercials sings"Things have changed." Yes they have. At first finding out the news of this I was saying wtf?
    Then after thinking about the whole picture. They used to drop dodge trucks to the ground in their commercials I would like to see them try that now. It would be nice to have a new truck, fuel injection a horn that works. I just cant see spending 50 grand on a truck that will soon be a rot box in four years. If  I had 50 grand to burn Id go to one of those Barret Jackson auctions and buy two or more fully restored trucks. Better investment.

I agree about the 50 grand. As much as I would like a new dodge pickup, theres NO WAY I would every pay that much for one. I ve seen low mile trucks at swap meets in the 6-8 thousand price that I would have loved to own.
    slowflapper
    slowflapper

Number of posts : 956
    Registration date : 2010-07-29

Post by slowflapper Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:57 am

rustytoolss wrote:
    benwah wrote:Well like the new Chrysler commercials sings"Things have changed." Yes they have. At first finding out the news of this I was saying wtf?
    Then after thinking about the whole picture. They used to drop dodge trucks to the ground in their commercials I would like to see them try that now. It would be nice to have a new truck, fuel injection a horn that works. I just cant see spending 50 grand on a truck that will soon be a rot box in four years. If  I had 50 grand to burn Id go to one of those Barret Jackson auctions and buy two or more fully restored trucks. Better investment.

I agree about the  50 grand. As much as I would like a new dodge pickup, theres NO WAY I would every pay that much for one. I ve  seen low mile trucks at swap meets in the 6-8 thousand price that I would have loved to own.

Amen to all that.

My '04 Tundra is paid for, I'd like to have a newish F150 FX4 but I'm not dropping that kind of coin on a truck.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:44 pm