VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Where to find bushings for Z bar linkage and what oil pan to use in my 300 swap?

J_Money
    J_Money

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2014-12-11

Where to find bushings for Z bar linkage and what oil pan to use in my 300 swap? Empty Where to find bushings for Z bar linkage and what oil pan to use in my 300 swap?

Post by J_Money Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:43 pm

Two totally different questions, but when I pulled my engine and transmission out I realized the bushings in the Z equalizer bar are worn through. I can't seem to find a replacement locally. I imagine it would be the same as an f100 from the same era?

Also I just pulled the 200 out of my van, I have the correct cross member for the swap but I'm not sure about the oil pan. I have the pan out of a 78 f150. Will this clear or will I need to locate a factory pan from a 240?

Thanks
    Vancy65
    Vancy65

Number of posts : 47
    Registration date : 2014-03-10

Where to find bushings for Z bar linkage and what oil pan to use in my 300 swap? Empty Re: Where to find bushings for Z bar linkage and what oil pan to use in my 300 swap?

Post by Vancy65 Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:04 pm

Hi J_Money,

http://cgfordparts.com sells the bushings and many other good parts and I think you have to use a special Econoline 240 oil pan, but I'm not 100percent sure with that.

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 1:40 pm