VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

91 year old Vanner michealangalo

rocky69rhodes
    rocky69rhodes

Number of posts : 359
    Registration date : 2014-09-26

91 year old Vanner michealangalo  Empty 91 year old Vanner michealangalo

Post by rocky69rhodes Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:52 am

this Key west veteran deserves a break http://keysnews.com/node/40567
    kookykrispy
    kookykrispy

Number of posts : 1533
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

91 year old Vanner michealangalo  Empty Re: 91 year old Vanner michealangalo

Post by kookykrispy Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:43 am

I myself am a veteran.  I have the utmost respect for WWII combat veterans.  I think most of us do.  However, the guy is still a homeless dude camping out in Key West.  I have never been to Key West, but I understand this is largely an upscale resort area where people pay alot of money to be.

You cannot fight the system.  The key here is to not be so blatantly conspicuous.  If you don't want negative attention (from police), don't call undue attention to yourself.  I think he's getting messed with because of the banners he has posted on his van.  If it looked like just a normal vehicle, they probably would leave him alone.  Now he is on the police radar, and now "getting hassled by the man".  Cops can spot this van a mile away, and now unfortunately every officer in key west knows who he is.

91 year old Vanner michealangalo  0619_lodging

There are alot of RV's and vans parked around Seattle.  There are certain neighborhoods where the police just leave them alone.  Usually these vehicles are inconspicuous and you wouldn't know that someone is living in them.  Because they are not advertising anything, or trying to make any statement.
    rocky69rhodes
    rocky69rhodes

Number of posts : 359
    Registration date : 2014-09-26

Post by rocky69rhodes Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:52 pm

He has been in key west for almost 40 years the police knew who he was along time ago  he only put those signs up when they changed the law  about sleeping in vehicles I lived there for 15 years before moving west
    bugeye bob
    bugeye bob

Number of posts : 383
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by bugeye bob Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:45 am

he worked as a engineer for Boeing for 30 years, can you not image his pension + social security and no doubt Key West isn't cheap but if jurisdictions allow the streets to become tent - van cities we will see more decay of America. there are quite a few camp grounds in the keys where i'm sure he can set up.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:24 pm

He was on the Natiohal news !! I feel for him & his Wishes. the citys should leave this man alone & actually should have subdisized a place for him to park & live with his van!! cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:23 am