VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
dix
rustytoolss
6 posters

Variable speed wiper motor park timing?

tdc
    tdc

Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2014-03-10

Variable speed wiper motor park timing? - Page 2 Empty Re: Variable speed wiper motor park timing?

Post by tdc Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:28 pm

rustytoolss wrote:
    Is your wiper motor (the round can part "motor" ) hanging toward the drivers side ? Mine is. Hard to tell from your photos>

Yup, sure is.
    rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Number of posts : 624
    Registration date : 2013-07-19

Variable speed wiper motor park timing? - Page 2 Empty Re: Variable speed wiper motor park timing?

Post by rustytoolss Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:32 pm

tdc wrote:The link arm on the back of the motor. Dunno why I was calling it a cam. I've not had mine apart, so I don't really know how it goes together, but I'm guessing your problem is that it's somehow on backwards.
    Variable speed wiper motor park timing? - Page 2 Img_1416

Can you get me a photo of the other side of the motor linkage (from passenger side) so I can see the motor linkage ? no hurry , some time this week if possible ? These photos are shedding some light on this problem. Thanks , Shawn
    tdc
    tdc

Post by tdc Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:04 pm

Oh man, I told you wrong. The motor hangs to the passenger side, not the driver side. I pulled the ash tray and took a picture from above, and was also able to sneak one from between the dash and heater core.
    Ash tray hole -
    Variable speed wiper motor park timing? - Page 2 Img_1417

Between dash and heater core -
    Variable speed wiper motor park timing? - Page 2 Img_1418

The heater core gets in the way of me getting a quality picture of the passenger side, I pulled out my glove box to get this picture, it was the best I could do without severely deconstructing my dash.
    Variable speed wiper motor park timing? - Page 2 Img_1419

So it would seem your whole wiper motor assembly's in upside down!
    tdc
    tdc

Post by tdc Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:07 pm

This website is weird, it'll let you host the images here but when it displays them they don't fit in the message body. Seems like whoever does the web development here needs to modify some CSS to get the images to fit properly. Anyway, I think you can click on them to see the uncropped versions.
    rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Post by rustytoolss Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:29 pm

tdc wrote:This website is weird, it'll let you host the images here but when it displays them they don't fit in the message body. Seems like whoever does the web development here needs to modify some CSS to get the images to fit properly. Anyway, I think you can click on them to see the uncropped versions.

Thanks This will help a lot ! Shawn
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:30 pm

just set the image @ 640-
    tdc
    tdc

Post by tdc Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:35 pm

Twinpilot001 wrote:just set the image @ 640-

Yeah, I will from now on. I hadn't noticed until that last couple images I posted.
    It would be an easy, quick CSS fix for the web developer, though.
    rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Post by rustytoolss Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:00 pm

tdc wrote:Oh man, I told you wrong. The motor hangs to the passenger side, not the driver side. I pulled the ash tray and took a picture from above, and was also able to sneak one from between the dash and heater core.
    Ash tray hole -
    Variable speed wiper motor park timing? - Page 2 Img_1417

Between dash and heater core -
    Variable speed wiper motor park timing? - Page 2 Img_1418

The heater core gets in the way of me getting a quality picture of the passenger side, I pulled out my glove box to get this picture, it was the best I could do without severely deconstructing my dash.
    Variable speed wiper motor park timing? - Page 2 Img_1419

So it would seem your whole wiper motor assembly's in upside down!

I think your right. At some point in time (like it's only been 50 years) someone installed the wiper& mount plate wrong. My wiper motor is hanging downward on the drivers side// your wiper motor is pointing somewhat up on the passenger side. When ever this thing was apart, they mounted the motor& plate the wrong way. So It looks like if I remove the motor and plate and rotate the plate(w/motor) 180 degrees , it should be correct.
    I'll get on that in the morning.....Thanks for all the pictures and you help. Shawn
    tdc
    tdc

Post by tdc Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:47 am

For sure! I hope you get it worked out.
    rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Post by rustytoolss Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:27 pm

tdc wrote:For sure! I hope you get it worked out.

IT WORKS  cheers bounce Very Happy Very Happy Cool  "tdc" Thanks so much for all the photos. I would have never had any idea that the motor was mounted wrong. (the things that happen in 50 years will make you scratch your head.. How the He!! did that happen, and who did it ? )
    Thanks to all for all your help bounce bounce cheers 
    tdc
    tdc

Post by tdc Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:40 am

Awesome! Glad I could help!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:18 am