VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

getting my 64 on the road. Brakes pull right

rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Number of posts : 624
    Registration date : 2013-07-19

getting my 64 on the road.  Brakes pull right Empty getting my 64 on the road. Brakes pull right

Post by rustytoolss Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:04 am

Well I'm to the point that I will be able to drive my 64 A pickup Very Happy . I still have a lot to do (but if it was EZ , everyone would be doing it)
    When I apply the brakes, the front end pulls me toward the right ( I correct by steering somewhat to the left)
    OK veterans of drum brakes. Should I adjust up the left front brake some ? give me some pointers. Thanks
    jkr
    jkr

Number of posts : 1148
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

getting my 64 on the road.  Brakes pull right Empty Re: getting my 64 on the road. Brakes pull right

Post by jkr Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:59 pm

truth is soon they will pull to the left and the right. and all you have to remember is what way it went last time I applied the brakes. LOL
    if there is no grease or oil on the shoes and the short shoe is on the forward side and they are adjusted with similar drag then not much to say. you could swap drums from side to side but a fairly common thing with dodge drum brakes on 4 corners...
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

getting my 64 on the road.  Brakes pull right Empty Re: getting my 64 on the road. Brakes pull right

Post by donivan65 Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:19 pm

I would add check the tie rods and toe in and switch the front tires and see if anything changes....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:08 am