VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Just picked up

'fish
    'fish

Number of posts : 222
    Registration date : 2011-12-27

Just picked up Empty Just picked up

Post by 'fish Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:11 am

We haven't even got it home yet but Im excited, I picked up this one owner van with 78K original miles the other day, its pretty much good except the rear driver corner its been smacked pretty good, I think with the replacement panels corner and wheel cut out I can pretty much repair it with out much more fabricating, the rest is original stock. I scooped this up for 800.00 runs and drives pretty well!

Just picked up 00t0t_11

Just picked up Unname10

Just picked up Unname11
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Just picked up Empty Re: Just picked up

Post by vanny Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:43 am

Congrats Fish!!! Wow, I guess it did get smacked pretty good! I will be anxious to see how you fix that and would love it if you could post pics as you tackle it. Other than that corner, it looks to be pretty solid. Nice Buy!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    Sy Hollinshead
    Sy Hollinshead

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-10-11

Post by Sy Hollinshead Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:29 am

Has somebody already repaired that corner...? What are all the rivets for all the way up the panel...?
    'fish
    'fish

Number of posts : 222
    Registration date : 2011-12-27

Post by 'fish Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:01 pm

Repaired might be a very loose term more like covered up or patched poorly, they arent rivets its a piece of sheet metal that was bent and sheet metal screwed to the original metal, I will cut all that off the area up to about 3 inches in front of the rear wheel back.

These guys here have everything I need for about 300.00 bucks

http://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_econoline/exterior-parts-and-trim/body-parts.html?location=home_featured&crosssell=Homepage_Featured_Category_Body+Parts

I may have to replace the drivers side rear door Im not sure how out of whack it is, Im building a fun surf van not a show truck I want it to look good and be dependable but Im not going to micro polish anything ...

Thanks for the replies guys I will post pics of the progress, as we cut out the bad metal and replace with new pieces.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:49 pm

Nice score and already found the parts, sounds like you are way ahead of the curve, hope it all goes well

Post by Guest Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:36 am

Fish..Great find. I have a complete parts panel van with that drivers side upper side wall and pillar in great condition. Will need some lower work. If interested, PM Me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:08 am