VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

truckin magazine

back2thewoods
    back2thewoods

Number of posts : 842
    Registration date : 2008-05-26

truckin magazine Empty truckin magazine

Post by back2thewoods Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:19 am

truckin magazine says they're going to feature a van in june issue. we all need to email them and get some reconition. they have a forum, lets all rally some support, we made that mag back in the day

truckin magazine Empty Re: truckin magazine

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:45 am

I'm in!

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:34 am

Dan Ward the editor at Truckin told me not to be surprised if he hits me up for help with van articles. They are planning on vans in three issues and if the issues go over well then they will put a van feature in every issue. We all need to support Truckin and vanning by buying the issues and posting as often as possible on the truckin Forums and by posting your vans in the readers rides section. We can make this happen. I am a moderator on the Truckin site and have been pushing for vans to be included in Truckin for a long time.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:53 am

Here's one thread on Truckins website where you all can make your voices heard as far as the future of vans. http://forums.truckinweb.com/70/6380037/van-general-discussion/future-of-the-van-scene/page2.html#7497863

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:01 am

Here's a video feature on Truckin website about me and my Vanishing Breed. There are several van videos there too. check them out. http://www.truckinweb.com/videos/57/6201744/index.html
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:43 pm

Cool vid Mike... Can't wait for the Mag to come out....

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

truckin magazine Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by benwah Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:31 pm

general consensus from a lot of auto enthusists is that we went underground.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:47 pm

vanners did go underground for the most part. Most vannig events are van only events. Like the Nat's you have to have a van to get in. So if someone even wanted to look at the vans they couldn't get in to do so. They stuck to themselfs and everyone thought they were gone. I think the old school vanners now know this was a mistake and I feel they are starting to get back into the mainsteam of things. Being back into Magazines will be a big step.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:16 pm

There are quite a few van evants that allow mini-trucks. My biggest bitch has always been that most vanners think they are helping vanning by supporting evants but if they really want to make vanning grow they need to promote vans at car shows and anywhere else they can. Since the public isn't allowed into many evants they have no idea vanning is still alive. I guarantee you that people around here know because we attend as many car shows as possible and Vanishing Breed has been in more newspaper articles here than I can remember. Supporting vanning by attending evants is great but promoting vans to the public is even better. I try to do that everyday. That is why I became a moderator on Truckins website. It's all starting to pay off now and we need every vanner to make his or her voices heard on Truckins website.
    benwah
    benwah

Post by benwah Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:25 pm

lets hope so, i know in NewEngland we welcome trucks too., but the the Nats are off limits, im cool with that because i own both.,yah i do remember trying to check out some vans at a "closed" truck-in back in the 80s held at the Maple Glen, R.I. the only reason i saw it i was a regular there, and go figure I went with some friends (who had a car),. my 73 tradesman was broken., so yah i kinda understand the whole underground thing. couldnt check it all out. would have been a vanner a whole lot sooner!
    benwah
    benwah

Post by benwah Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:33 pm

let me rephraise that; ive allways been a vanner, just without a club!
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:30 pm

VB, you are right going to just all vanning events, will not bring vanning back. Car Shows is the anwser to making it grow. At a car show someone that sees them and maybe never thought about getting a van. At a vanning event they are already vanners. And if you can attend the larger shows in your area all the better. I also feel the early's are the key to promote vanning. Not that other vans can't it just is that our vans are differant than modern vans. With the early's, vanners , Hot Rodders, gassers, Pro Streeters all love them.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:35 pm

Having all the earlies in TV commercials is a big plus. A lot of people get to see them. Car shows like the Route 66 Rendezvous which draws close to 600,000 people every year, Hot August Nights in Reno which draws over 500,000 and the Grand Nationals Hot Rod show are three great shows to show off our vans. I have been to all three and won a trophy twice at the Route 66 Rendezvous. These events are the largest on the west coast and are heavily covered by the media. I can't wait for Boyd Coddingtons son to finish his early Econo. It should be bad assed and will probably be in a magazine or two. Having Truckin and Dice magazines both adding van features in their mags will give vanning a boost too. We are picking up steam but still have a long row to hoe.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:42 pm

Dice Magazine??? never heard of that one.Do you have a link to them??? Also do you have any pictures of the Coddington Econo???

Post by Guest Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:02 pm

Dice magazine is mainly a motorcycle mag from Great Britain that has expanded to the United States. They have had to issues with vans in them so far. In fact there are several pages in one issue dedicated to my club Inland Vans Berdoo. I'll try to get you some more info. I know the mags owner.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:08 pm

Here is their email addy. dean@dicemagazine.com
    You can get info from them. Hopefully they still have some copies of the last issue with vans in it.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:19 pm

G-Man wrote:Dice Magazine??? never heard of that one.Do you have a link to them??? Also do you have any pictures of the Coddington Econo???
    No pics since he has been basically keeping it under wraps till it is finished. Jay Leno is supposed to be restoring an early Econo too but haven't heard anything about it lately. Also Vin Diesel of Fast and Furious Fame is interested in building an early Econo or at least that is what he told me when my van was being filmed for Fast and Furious 4. He liked Vanishing Breed as did several other actors there and the producer.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:46 pm

Im into old CB750 choppers too. Have several in all stages of repair and disrepair...The bike world kinda sounds like the van world some...Back in the day it was bitchin,,,but these days....I put my old hondas out there---went the way of the HD world for bout 15 years.....but went back to my cool stuff... Need to put them vans out there every single chance we can...I will in my area,,no matter what kinda show or run it is.... But I got LOTS of rust to work before that happens heheheheh ....Cool links...... Ill be lookin at Truckin more closely now..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:23 pm