VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
vanner68
popeye31
6 posters

What do yall look for in a truckin?

popeye31
    popeye31

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2012-12-04

What do yall look for in a truckin? Empty What do yall look for in a truckin?

Post by popeye31 Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:17 pm

So my question is just like the title says. What do you look for in a truck in . is it friends, activities, relaxation, tourist attractions, all of the above  etc.
    vanner68
    vanner68

Number of posts : 655
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

What do yall look for in a truckin? Empty Re: What do yall look for in a truckin?

Post by vanner68 Thu May 01, 2014 8:38 am

Mostly getting in touch with folks I usually only get to talk to online.

That and hot showers.
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

What do yall look for in a truckin? Empty Re: What do yall look for in a truckin?

Post by vanny Thu May 01, 2014 9:56 am

Meeting others who share a passion for these gems, getting ideas and seeing what the vendors have for sale.

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    panelmanrd
    panelmanrd

Number of posts : 801
    Registration date : 2009-10-04

Post by panelmanrd Thu May 01, 2014 11:01 am

seeing the people I haven`t seen all winter, getting out of town, the free beer, the party,
    and the activities. some have game that are great to just watch and some have good ones
    to participate in, some truckins have cruises that take you to interesting places close to the
    truckin, the one I`m going to this weekend is in Colfax Ia and the cruise will be to the Newton
    Ia speedway, and we will get to take a couple of laps around the speedway, and it is a paved
    nascar track.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Thu May 01, 2014 11:35 am

BBQ-BEER-Babes!!!!!!!!!!! not a thing else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Thu May 01, 2014 12:48 pm

Hee, hee, hee! Twin, you crack me up! You've got a one-track mind but at least it's on the RIGHT track!!!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    diamond dave
    diamond dave

Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2012-04-24

Post by diamond dave Thu May 01, 2014 4:13 pm

never been to one. my dad and uncles used to go to them in the 70's. but ive never been. I was always the guy with the van that was in the hot rod club. i'm headed to my first truck in next weekend, and I cant wait.
    popeye31
    popeye31

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2012-12-04

Post by popeye31 Thu May 01, 2014 9:35 pm

How many vans usually attend a truck in? not a Nats but a locally sponsored truck in.
    panelmanrd
    panelmanrd

Number of posts : 801
    Registration date : 2009-10-04

Post by panelmanrd Sun May 04, 2014 4:00 pm

There a lot of things that determine how many vans are at any one given
    Truckin. CIV had 40 not counting their club, was a good time.
    Next Truckin for me will be spring fever, last year there 65 vans the year before
    There were over 100, so you never can tell how many are gonna b there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:37 am