VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Replacing seat passenger side, what kind and size can I use?

LittleDoheny
    LittleDoheny

Number of posts : 27
    Registration date : 2014-05-04

Replacing seat passenger side, what kind and size can I use? Empty Replacing seat passenger side, what kind and size can I use?

Post by LittleDoheny Tue May 06, 2014 7:32 pm

My 1967 Chevy Van has a replacement drivers seat, very comfortable, bought it like that, it has a high back, my wife is worried about someone rear-ending us and hurting her neck.
    There is barely 17 inches to get a seat on her side, has anyone found a solution to this or replaced the seat with another model, make, car?

I looked around the salvage yard today, no luck. Evil or Very Mad 

Billy
    diamond dave
    diamond dave

Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2012-04-24

Replacing seat passenger side, what kind and size can I use? Empty Re: Replacing seat passenger side, what kind and size can I use?

Post by diamond dave Tue May 06, 2014 7:43 pm

i'm not sure. people have all kinds of aftermarket highback seats in their vans on here. I am lucky enough to have newly upholstered original seats in mine, and I wouldn't trade them for anything. I wouldn't worry about getting rear ended. I got rear ended in my 68 vw bus and didn't get hurt. it had lowbacks too. see if your seat will fit on her side, and then try to find out what your seat came from.
    Space Truckin
    Space Truckin

Number of posts : 1279
    Registration date : 2009-10-17

Replacing seat passenger side, what kind and size can I use? Empty Re: Replacing seat passenger side, what kind and size can I use?

Post by Space Truckin Tue May 06, 2014 7:49 pm

Try this, some on here have used w good results

http://www.suburbanseats.com/c-universal-seats.aspx?catid=235

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:18 am