VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

ever seen an E van with factory roof vent? single driver side and passenger side carco window?

ever seen an E van with factory roof vent? single driver side and passenger side carco window? Empty ever seen an E van with factory roof vent? single driver side and passenger side carco window?

Post by Guest Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:19 pm

i was talking to a man with a van for sale and he said it had what he thought was a factory metal roof vent and a single window in one of the side cargo doors and a matching one on the driver side

it is a 1962 short

thanks
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

ever seen an E van with factory roof vent? single driver side and passenger side carco window? Empty Re: ever seen an E van with factory roof vent? single driver side and passenger side carco window?

Post by sasktrini Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:33 pm

I had never seen one of these before, factory option for the military to the best of my understanding... I think it's electrically controlled as there's a knob and wires labelled for it on the dash, though I haven't figured it out yet.

ever seen an E van with factory roof vent? single driver side and passenger side carco window? IMG_0199

ever seen an E van with factory roof vent? single driver side and passenger side carco window? IMG_0225

Never heard of the window thing, one in a cargo door, the other in the drivers side... that sounds custom DIY. Door may have been stamped to accept a window, but the entire drivers side would have been stamped for windows if that were the intention, from my recollection.

ever seen an E van with factory roof vent? single driver side and passenger side carco window? Empty Re: ever seen an E van with factory roof vent? single driver side and passenger side carco window?

Post by Guest Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:37 pm

thanks for the photo and info
    cool
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:03 am

I don't know that the vent is authentically FoMoCo... but it may look like the one your potential seller says is on the 62 if he claims it's factory...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:58 am