VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+5
vanny
Donn
jimthefred
Magic Bus
slowrider
9 posters

Un easy rider

slowrider
    slowrider

Number of posts : 111
    Registration date : 2011-07-15

Un easy rider Empty Un easy rider

Post by slowrider Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:41 am

Headed to town in my van yesterday and before i left i let it warm up abought ten minutes.I jumped in and got abought 20 feet down my drive and slammed on the brakes when a squirrel jumped on my shoulder,ran down my arm,jumped off my hand and did a header off the windshield,ran back up my arm and jumped off my shoulder in to the back of the van. Shocked Shocked 
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Un easy rider Empty Re: Un easy rider

Post by Magic Bus Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:45 am

What a long strange trip it's been
    slowrider
    slowrider

Post by slowrider Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:54 am

Things are always alittle different in my world! A few years back i did run off the road in my 60 when a blue bird came out from under the seat started flaping on my lap and proceded up my chest to my face.
    jimthefred
    jimthefred

Number of posts : 326
    Registration date : 2012-01-15

Post by jimthefred Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:00 pm

Jeezus! I remember I had a 66 Fairlane that had speaker holes in the package tray for 6x9s. The quarters where rusted out pretty good but at 19 it was a cool ride. Im on my way to work and about to make a lane change.I check my mirror and theres a cat staring wildly at me! Scared the crap out of me!!!! His head sticking out the speaker hole. He was never the same after that ride! Twisted Evil
    Donn
    Donn

Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Post by Donn Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:00 pm

I would have sh%#it my pants!
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14778
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:37 pm

I had to check just to make sure you weren't from Colorado or Washington State! Funny story, too bad you didn't have a dash cam to catch the live action!!!  drunken 

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    slowrider
    slowrider

Post by slowrider Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:01 am

Donn, i almost filled um Rolling Eyes If being rattled by the squirel wasnt bad enough,when i hit the brakes the can of gas in the back tipped over and aparently i didnt have the top on right.To make it worse i had a propane mr buddy heater on the floor lit as i havent run new hoses to my heater core yet.Im just glad i thoght to shut the heater off quick before i opened the door and bailed out.
    mattimuss
    mattimuss

Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2009-05-04

Post by mattimuss Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:08 am

jimthefred wrote:Jeezus! I remember I had a 66 Fairlane that had speaker holes in the package tray for 6x9s. The quarters where rusted out pretty good but at 19 it was a cool ride. Im on my way to work and about to make a lane change.I check my mirror and theres a cat staring wildly at me! Scared the crap out of me!!!! His head sticking out the speaker hole. He was never the same after that ride! Twisted Evil

<Matt laughing with tears flowing>

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!

Thanks, I needed a good hard laugh this morning!
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:42 am

You just can't make that stuff up! That would make a really funny scene in a movie! LMAOROF!!!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    slowrider
    slowrider

Post by slowrider Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:41 pm

A comercial for depends...Never get in the vehicle with out them cause you never know whats going to happen next!
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:38 pm

Lucky You-slowrider!!!!!!!!!!!!---- Could have beeen a -------SNAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! affraid lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 
    slowrider
    slowrider

Post by slowrider Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:33 pm

Twinpilot,Ive had a few more close calls with snakes than i care to already.Mostly in salvage yards under vehicles.I dont think most were venomous,but i dont know.They still sent me scurrying away.I was rough camping once in the baraboo range when a shot rang out and scared the hell out of me.I never saw the poacher but knew he was close.Right after the bang i could hear the bullit whiz by my head.I hollered dont shoot and took off running.The bedrowl on my pack got hung up on the briars i was running through and i ended up on my face. A foot and a half in front of my head was a large timber rattler eyeing me up and shakeing his rattle. That made me faster than a bullit jumping up and getting the hell out of there.Ive hit a few deer witch sucks but the worst :son of a bitch boys,we aint agona make it moment was when a 300lb black bear ran in front of me.
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:57 pm

Slowrider, what do your friends call you? Lucky? You should write a book! Razz affraid Laughing 

Bruce67Econoline
    Bruce67Econoline

Number of posts : 809
    Registration date : 2014-01-25

Post by Bruce67Econoline Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:01 pm

vanny wrote:I had to check just to make sure you weren't from Colorado or Washington State! Funny story, too bad you didn't have a dash cam to catch the live action!!!  drunken 

Now that was funny!!!
    slowrider
    slowrider

Post by slowrider Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:13 pm

Vanny,im lucky i live 8o miles south of moose territory! Razz  Razz Last fall i was out at night with the wife doing 60 when 10
    yards ahead of us a bear came into view in the headlights.Thank goodnes he turned and went straight as i never had time to hit the brakes.Pretty sure we parted his hair though.
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:29 pm

Sounds like never a dull moment up there! Let me know if you spot a Squatch, my grandson is always knocking on trees trying to get a response.

jimthefred
    jimthefred

Number of posts : 326
    Registration date : 2012-01-15

Post by jimthefred Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:14 am

vanny wrote:Sounds like never a dull moment up there! Let me know if you spot a Squatch, my grandson is always knocking on trees trying to get a response.

man,you could really mess with him bad! Twisted Evil
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:52 am

I'd rather he be able to sleep at night...Otherwise, I'm up all night and have to hear it from my wife. I'm more fearful of her than a Squatch!

slowrider
    slowrider

Post by slowrider Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:47 am

jimthefred wrote:
    vanny wrote:Sounds like never a dull moment up there! Let me know if you spot a Squatch, my grandson is always knocking on trees trying to get a response.

man,you could really mess with him bad! Twisted Evil
     ,Ive seen enough Jack Link messin with the Squatch comercials to know to leave him alone.15years or so ago some bigtime squatch hunter moved up to these parts and of course he spotted tracks in the forest abought 10 miles from here.My friends just figured hed picked up one of my trails.. https://youtu.be/ZZB5RniJlVM
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:07 pm

That was PRICELESS!!!

slowflapper
    slowflapper

Number of posts : 956
    Registration date : 2010-07-29

Post by slowflapper Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:35 am

story time!

my brother and I were out turkey hunting when we came across a 4' long black rat snake sunning itself on the trail. It was cold so we caught it and put it in a small cardboard box to take home and play with for a bit.

So there we are cruising down the highway in his old ford truck and I hear this blood curdling scream from the drivers seat. Evidently the snake got warmed up and pushed its way out of the box. It then proceeded to try and hide in my brothers t-shirt by entering through the armpit of his right shirt sleeve, he had his right hand on the wheel and that snake went right in there.

I don't know how we survived that one without a fiery crash but we were able to get the thing back into the box and get home safely.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:52 pm