VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Back in the fold, picked up a 63 no window van. looking for a 170/200/250 in SoCal

LongBeachCA66
    LongBeachCA66

Number of posts : 54
    Registration date : 2013-06-24

Back in the fold, picked up a 63 no window van. looking for a 170/200/250 in SoCal Empty Back in the fold, picked up a 63 no window van. looking for a 170/200/250 in SoCal

Post by LongBeachCA66 Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:11 am

Hey all, recently sold my 66 pickup and my 66 parts truck. Just not enough time or money this point in my life to do the full resto I wanted. Fortunately it went to a forum member here and hes doing it up right.

Anyways found this 63 van completely rust free and very straight for a price simply too good to be true. My intention was to part it out for profit, but I brought it home and realized it's just too clean to go that route. It appears to have been someones project as the column, gas tank, radiator and suspension appear to have been gone through and redone. It was sold a couple months ago with a nice rebuilt 300, but the guy that sold it to me is keeping the motor and it appears that was the sole reason he bought it. Has a clean rebuilt 9" in it and a brand new painless wiring harness. It's just missing the motor, acessories, clutch and brakes so I'm thinking I might rather try make a running van out of it rather than part her out.

That said any members in Socal got some leads on a running small 6? I'd prefer a 200 or 250 but would live with a 170. I'd trade the 9" out of this towards a running motor. Since it's an early with the small dog house and sheet metal mounts I'd rather keep it a small six than doing the extra fab work to put the big six in.

Back in the fold, picked up a 63 no window van. looking for a 170/200/250 in SoCal 112
    cali2chitown
    cali2chitown

Number of posts : 188
    Registration date : 2014-03-14

Back in the fold, picked up a 63 no window van. looking for a 170/200/250 in SoCal Empty Re: Back in the fold, picked up a 63 no window van. looking for a 170/200/250 in SoCal

Post by cali2chitown Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:43 pm

Nice score Blake! If I have any parts left over your more than welcome to them.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:15 am