VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Feeler for interest in custom machined hinges or parts?

Wheelie
    Wheelie

Number of posts : 322
    Registration date : 2013-02-22

Feeler for interest in custom machined hinges or parts? Empty Feeler for interest in custom machined hinges or parts?

Post by Wheelie Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:26 pm

I saw a set of NOS hinges for $250 and thought that was crazy for one set. It got me thinking…I have a friend who owns a few cnc's and can make anything and do it fairly inexpensively if enough interest. Popular example is he made a fuel filter bracket for an LS type fuel filter and sells the crap out of em and he had asked if there was anything I needed. Things off the top of my head is some bolt on hinges for our doors. It would be nice to have some lower profile ones made. I could design it and he could machine them. Looking for ideas on any other components within reason. If there is enough interest I may choose the most popular ones and have them made on my dime if I can help some fellow vanners out. Shoot! Twisted Evil 
    pittsdriver
    pittsdriver

Number of posts : 335
    Registration date : 2010-08-12

Feeler for interest in custom machined hinges or parts? Empty Re: Feeler for interest in custom machined hinges or parts?

Post by pittsdriver Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:07 pm

I'd buy a set of hinges. I'm going to have to rebush all of mine and I have an 8 door so lots of drilling and bushing. Don
    Wheelie
    Wheelie

Number of posts : 322
    Registration date : 2013-02-22

Feeler for interest in custom machined hinges or parts? Empty Re: Feeler for interest in custom machined hinges or parts?

Post by Wheelie Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:49 am

I'm going to look into cost ETC. after I come up with a design. Ill keep ya informed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 9:38 am