VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

weber 38 fitted to a chevy 250

kavesh
    kavesh

Number of posts : 49
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

weber 38 fitted to a chevy 250 Empty weber 38 fitted to a chevy 250

Post by kavesh Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:13 am

Hi all

I have fitted the above to my Chevy L6.

Motor idles a lot better than the old monojet so that was good.

I used a matching intake for the weber so did away with my original intake. I got the weber jet sizes for my motor from a carb shop that has done this conversion on the specific motor before, so hopefully they gave me the correct sizes.)

The problem that I am having is that after about 10kms of driving on the freeway, she stumbles and looses power, I have to takie my foot off the gas and then gently apply pressure to the gas, but sometimes it takes time for it to accelerate nicely again.

It is also running a rich as the new plugs are now black and the tail pipe is also black.

I have also advanced the timing to 10 degrees BTDC as the weber prefers more timing according to the internet.

Btw I am using 195 airs, 140 mains and 55 idle jets.

What could the possible problem be? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
    Kavesh
    jrinaman
    jrinaman

Number of posts : 890
    Registration date : 2011-03-10

weber 38 fitted to a chevy 250 Empty Re: weber 38 fitted to a chevy 250

Post by jrinaman Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:55 am

sounds like jetted too rich, but first, are you running a pressure regulator? 3.5 psi for the 32/36 but not sure on the 38. due you have a heated intake? stock intake gets heat from the exhaust manifold. no heat in cold weather can also do this.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:05 pm