VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+5
thecruger
slimtronn
Vanish
Admin
G-Man
9 posters

Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW!

Poll

Baker's Internet Award Entries - multiple choice

[ 5 ]
    Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! I_vote_lcap18%Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! I_vote_rcap [18%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! I_vote_lcap4%Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! I_vote_rcap [4%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! I_vote_lcap14%Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! I_vote_rcap [14%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! I_vote_lcap14%Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! I_vote_rcap [14%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! I_vote_lcap25%Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! I_vote_rcap [25%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! I_vote_lcap4%Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! I_vote_rcap [4%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! I_vote_lcap7%Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 4 ]

Total Votes: 28
    Poll closed
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! Empty Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW!

Post by G-Man Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:56 pm

Hey guys this award is for all you great vanners that can't make it to the Baker's rally. I believe no other show has done this before. Please read the rules and please follow them.

Post your pictures here only (please pictures only) After all the pictures are posted I will number them and then vote by the number

Here's a link for more information or you can find the link on the Home page.
    http://www.vintage-vans.com/BakersAward.html

Would like to thank chebby for the great work on the page. As always chebby your the best!!
    Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! 100_0111
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1731
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! Empty Vanish's 65 Chevy No Door

Post by Admin Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:00 pm

Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! Dsc00011

Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! Wo_rad11

Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! Nodoor10

Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! Nodoor11

Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! Repair10

This is My 64 No Door ...... Can't Believe .... we Got it Back in 06.... But any way I Got it off E-BAY.... it was in a Impound yard up in Bakers field ca.. I won it and Bought it for 1200.00 and was Not real sure what I was Getting into from the Pictures off of E-Bay... it had a Big Ugly Radiator Mounted on the Front But the Rest Looked Fairly Good so when I got there I rushed up to the Van and Looked it Over Real well and I was Mostly Pleased with it with the exception of the Modifications the Previous Owners made to it ..... it took about 6 to 8 Hours to get to the Van from where I Live and me and My wife went to Pick it up ... was a Real fun Trip for us . Trailered it Back and it sat for awhile .... And this is were Donivan 65 Comes in .... Don came over and Looked it over ... and Got it Running and Told me Hey Vanish.... This thing Needs Just about every thing........ So Don Took it from there !!! He Pulled out the tired 230 and Put The 250 in !!! And has Done Just about every thing else To the Van as well ... The No Door Has Lived with Don for 2 or More Years Now and is a Work in Process !!!!!!!!
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! Empty Tree Van .........

Post by Vanish Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:59 pm

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! Empty Re: Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW!

Post by G-Man Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:11 am

Guy's need more to enter in this contest!!! Would like to see everyone enter, but I really need at least one Ford and Dodge to enter.
    slimtronn
    slimtronn

Number of posts : 99
    Registration date : 2008-09-05

Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! Empty Re: Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW!

Post by slimtronn Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:53 pm

Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! Memory13

Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! Memory14
    slimtronn
    slimtronn

Number of posts : 99
    Registration date : 2008-09-05

Post by slimtronn Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:47 pm

Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! Memory10
    Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! Memory13
    Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! Memory11
    I have always loved the a100 pickup and vans. So when my friend of almost 20 years told me about this a108 he found we decided to purchase the van together last february from a friend that was going to sell it for scrap. Thats just crazy! We had to put a stop to that! We had never seen one with a pop up top before so we had to get it. So we both put in $200 each. $400 not bad! It helped that the 318 was rebuilt(about 12k) and the canvas on the pop up top was only a few years old. The day it was picked up I had to work so I got to miss all the fun. But had the pleasure unloading it off the trailer, three flat tires and no brakes. Wasnt fun. A lot of work needs to be done!
    The van got a 3" lift in the back and a 2" lift in the front with 225/70R15 in the front and 275/60R15 in back. New master cylinder, brake shoes(I hate drum brakes), shocks, alternator, battery, regulator, belts, hoses, thermostat, electric cooling fan, fuel pump, holley street dominator intake and edelbrock 600cfm carb, points, resistor, plugs and wires. Added a microwave, refrigerator, tv, xbox, cd player, 12 disc changer,Jensen amp, 12" RF sub. I finally got all of the dash lights to work(had to replace all the bulbs and reground them), but still haveing problems with the passenger tail light. I think im going to go with some led taillights. Gauges work except for the gas gauge. I also had to fix wires that some little critters decided to chew up. Previous owner took out the propane heater to put in his ice fishing house and never covered the hole. They chewed up some of the insulation and the wires for both headlights, one backup light. Could've been worse I guess.
    Next on the list is the bodywork, a few rusty spots. It will be a busy summer. Its taken alot of work, time, and money but were haven fun! Very Happy
    thecruger
    thecruger

Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2008-11-27

Post by thecruger Wed May 13, 2009 2:29 pm

70 Dodge A108 ..

Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! Van-a

Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! Van-b

Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! Van-c

Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! Van-d

Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! 23

this is my 70 Dodge A108 ..
    going for that vintage rat rod look ..
    currently it's in the garage with the motor out..
    going to pickup a 79 318 with 44,000 orig miles on it and get her back on the road..
    flames will be added soon as well as Rat Fink on the back door..
    as you can see ..he already rides shotgun on the dash.
    still alot of work to do...but she is coming along..
    BILLS66
    BILLS66

Number of posts : 1383
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by BILLS66 Wed May 13, 2009 3:53 pm

Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! Picture2-7-07134-1
    Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! IMG_0509
    Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! IMG_0492
    [IMG]https://i158.photobucket.com/al[IMG]
    Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! IMG_0451
    Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! IMG_0443
    Story starts in 1976 I wanted a flatnose van and parents turned me down.Flash foreward to 1985 new job and would you believe they have a 66 panel as a parts runner van ,they got it in 1967.tried to buy it then no go ! 7 years later I had to send it out for a cheap paint job .they hardly used the van after that(asked again and no go on selling it to me).Years later the transmission went out and it sat for 5 years at this piont I asked if they would sell it to me now and the answer was yes .that was sept/1996 .Drove it off and on for 6 months then sent it to a friends body shop(who watched as the driver at the time 25 years ago backed into a tree with this van) for a little work.Well that turned into a full V 8 and trans conversion(late model doghouse also)then off to media blast,lots of body work and some minor mods,it's been home now for 3months lots of tasks being taken care of one at a time( seats in,door seals installed, mirrors,brakes ,factory 350 trans mount,lots and lots of underside cleaning. Now she is a driver and there is lots left to do but some of that is going to wait till after summer cause she will be cruisin. I reminded my dad about turning me down on a flatnose at 16 and he just smiled.Guess I got a van after all. Bill
    Hemi A-100
    Hemi A-100

Number of posts : 255
    Registration date : 2008-06-17

Post by Hemi A-100 Wed May 20, 2009 6:34 am

Call me crazy but does this mean that there is going to be a packed house this year at Bakers?? Come on guys, this is one of the coolest awards around in my opinion. To my knowledge as well I don't believe any other show has offered this type of award. So on that note, I guess I will be seeing everyone who doesn't enter this at Bakers!!!

Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! Empty I added mine too....

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2009 9:26 am

Here's my 1968 Chevy Sportvan 108 with a 350 automatic. My brother started me loving these old vans when i was a very young kid and had to have one of my own. It's a great van and gets tons of attention. Fun to drive, show, and just to have. Hope everyone enjoys it and your own as well. Good luck to all!!! Keepn the van rockn'
    Hope these pics come thru....

https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/13/92/91/62/19682021.jpg
    https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/13/92/91/62/19682022.jpg
    https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/13/92/91/62/19682023.jpg
    https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/13/92/91/62/19682024.jpg
    https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/13/92/91/62/19682025.jpg
    https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/13/92/91/62/04-15-10.jpg
    kltcustoms
    kltcustoms

Number of posts : 199
    Registration date : 2008-07-07

Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! Empty My 1967 Dodge A100 8 Dore

Post by kltcustoms Tue May 26, 2009 7:44 am

I bought this for $300 off of craigslust in 08 and have been slowly building her up as my car show art rig. This is truely a shade tree build and proud ! Its a low budget build and so far have only invested less then $1,200 into it including the buy price. I have done all the work my self, I have never built anything before. Original 170 motor was blowin' oil so I pulled it and found a low miles Diplomat with a 225 super six for $50.00 and dropped her in. The roof rack and ladder are from a van at a local pull & save $9.00 ! I sure miss Michigan fellas, we lived in Highland Mi for 5 years Smile

When I found her

Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! Passan12

Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! Front10
    Outside Brake job....
    Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! Brakej12
    New Tires
    Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! 5_12_013
    How I pulled the motor

Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! Motorr12
    How she looks now
    Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! 00311
    Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! 14411

Roof rack

Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! Roofra10
    61econoline
    61econoline

Number of posts : 655
    Registration date : 2009-04-16

Post by 61econoline Tue May 26, 2009 8:57 am

This is my 1961 econoline pickup.I found it on craigslist in california and bought it had it shipped to florida last july took me months to get clear title because calif dmv had added a number to the vin .It was converted to all mustang 289 drivetrain buy first owner in 1965,c-4 auto,8 inch rear.very little rust but lots of dents drivers door had about a 1 inch sag but another member here lives close by and his strategic application of a porta power and some new hinge pins did wonders gettin her ready foir paint now i know im goin to use HOK stuff but just cant decide on a color yet guess when i buy the paint that will be that.also building a hipo aluminium heades small block that came out of my last hotrod a 66 cyclone should make this little truck scream thanks for the opportunity to join this contest and for supporting such a great siteBaker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! Gedc0314Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! Gedc0432Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! Gedc0433Baker's of Milford Internet Award - VOTE NOW! Gedc0434
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:39 pm

GET YOUR VOTES IN!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:15 pm

We need some more votes!
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:00 pm

The voting is closed now. Here are your finalists for the voting @ Baker's

BILLS66-Chevy

thecruger- Dodge A100

61 econoline - Econo P/U

Vanish - Chevy No Door

Now you will have to wait till Baker's with the rest of us going. Your fate is in there hands now. I would like to thank all who entered and encourage you all to enter next year. I will make a post of the winner and the two runners up Sunday nite. Also if you are a the winner or runner ups you'll need to send me a PM with your address so I can send you your stuff.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:34 am