VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+3
Digz
back2thewoods
64 Hooch Hauler
7 posters

Felt window runner

64 Hooch Hauler
    64 Hooch Hauler

Number of posts : 84
    Registration date : 2013-07-19

Felt window runner Empty Felt window runner

Post by 64 Hooch Hauler Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:01 pm

Anyone know where I can get the felt window runner for the front windows of my 64? The "c" shaped stuff. Can't seem to find it or a thread about it.
    back2thewoods
    back2thewoods

Number of posts : 842
    Registration date : 2008-05-26

Felt window runner Empty Re: Felt window runner

Post by back2thewoods Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:40 am

contact wookie , he sells them
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:55 am

Like Bill said , contact Wookie. not only the runners but a kit is available that will also have the felt strips that go on the door to glass area.
    64 Hooch Hauler
    64 Hooch Hauler

Post by 64 Hooch Hauler Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:43 am

Thanks, I'll look him up at lunch!
    64 Hooch Hauler
    64 Hooch Hauler

Post by 64 Hooch Hauler Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:45 am

A search of members for Wookie or wookie turns up nothing. Where do I find him?
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:34 pm

Check over at VCVC then http://www.vcvc.org/forum.php I would have thought he would have been on the list here also.
    mbasaraba
    mbasaraba

Number of posts : 823
    Registration date : 2009-01-08

Post by mbasaraba Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:17 am

I think it is Wookee not IE
    Wookee

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by Wookee Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:30 am

Just to let every one know over here.
    I can still get window fuzzy kits.
    Because of recent fitment issues (1st gen wipers mostly)
    I personally have not been able to resolve.
    I have not been pushing these kits.
    Please E mail me with me at.

wookee10358@msn.com

I will get back with you with pricing and shipping details.

I can still get glove box liners for both 1st and 2nd gen Chevy vans that fit perfect
    Thanks in advance.

........Wookee
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

Post by Vantasia Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:18 pm

I just did them using the kit sold on eBay and elsewhere, not too bad, the channel rubber fit nice and the fuzzy belt lines snap in a little loose and out of line. I had to use some JB Weld to carefully hold them in place using wooden shims to hold them until the epoxy set. I had to shorten the belt fuzzys so they fit better and didn't jam the glass on the way up. The hardest thing is getting the glass out of the way to put the belt lines in. I ended up taking the vent window and regulator out! easy coming out, but you need three hands to get them back in, I used a wood post to hold the glass up while I put the crank back in. While everything was apart, good time to lube everything up. After some knuckle busting and cussing, they came out pretty nice overall. Windows glide up and down and no more rattles! Another tip, I used some watercooler bottle caps to make plastic bezels to fill the gap between the door handles and door panels, look pretty cool and just the right thickness! The new styles have a molded hole in the center for the water pin, just cut it out to fit the handle shaft. Mine are clear/ white but I am going to try to paint them with vinyl paint and see how they hold up!
    Viking
    Viking

Number of posts : 59
    Registration date : 2012-03-07

Post by Viking Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:11 pm

jbass62 wrote:I just did them using the kit sold on eBay and elsewhere, not too bad, the channel rubber fit nice and the fuzzy belt lines snap in a little loose and out of line.  I had to use some JB Weld to carefully hold them in place using wooden shims to hold them until the epoxy set.  I had to shorten the belt fuzzys so they fit better and didn't jam the glass on the way up.  The hardest thing is getting the glass out of the way to put the belt lines in.  I ended up taking the vent window and regulator out! easy coming out, but you need three hands to get them back in, I used a wood post to hold the glass up while I put the crank back in.  While everything was apart, good time to lube everything up.  After some knuckle busting and cussing, they came out pretty nice overall.  Windows glide up and down and no more rattles!  Another tip, I used some watercooler bottle caps to make plastic bezels to fill the gap between the door handles and door panels, look pretty cool and just the right thickness!  The new styles have a molded hole in the center for the water pin, just cut it out to fit the handle shaft.  Mine are clear/ white but I am going to try to paint them with vinyl paint and see how they hold up!

You got a phot of the bottle cap thing you're talking about?
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

Post by Vantasia Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:27 am

send pm with email or phone text numbet for smart phone, posting pics hete too hard, i don't have or use hosting site. i did abandon the spacer idea and drilled out some older 50's style handles i found that fit all the way to the panel, but the cap works well with the newer clip on gm handles that leave a half inch space. it looked real nice and worked. i can take some pics if you send an addy and maybe someone can post them here
    Viking
    Viking

Number of posts : 59
    Registration date : 2012-03-07

Post by Viking Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:38 pm

jbass62 wrote:send pm with email or phone text numbet for smart phone, posting pics hete too hard, i don't have or use hosting site.  i did abandon the spacer idea and drilled out some older 50's style handles i found that fit all the way to the panel, but the cap works well with the newer clip on gm handles that leave a half inch space. it looked real nice and worked. i can take some pics if you send an addy and maybe someone can post them here
    PM sent

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:55 am