VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Actual Production Numbers for E Series

Actual Production Numbers for E Series Empty Actual Production Numbers for E Series

Post by Guest Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:33 pm

Where can i find the exact production numbers on the 1964 Ford Falcon Deluxe Club Wagon E 100 Series?
    Barnabas
    Barnabas
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2011
    Registration date : 2011-01-16

Actual Production Numbers for E Series Empty Re: Actual Production Numbers for E Series

Post by Barnabas Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:19 pm

Do you have the model number from the door tag? E120 or E130 ??
    What's the VIN?
    Does it have the trim down the sides?

If the VIN starts with E13 and has the side trim, then there were 2,687 made.
    If the VIN starts with E12 and does not have side trim, then there were 4,729 made.

Actual Production Numbers for E Series Empty Re: Actual Production Numbers for E Series

Post by Guest Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:32 am

E13TH462931 is the Vin

i decoded all the other numbers, but was wondering how do you determine what number of the 2687 would this particular van be.

WB = 090
    COLOR = E
    MODEL = E130
    BODY = B89
    TRANS = 6
    AXLE = 01
    RPM = 44
    Barnabas
    Barnabas

Post by Barnabas Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:42 pm

Someone has already entered your data in the big database.

http://econolineid.com/vehicle.php?v=1955

That should tell you a lot about your Falcon.
    Barnabas
    Barnabas

Post by Barnabas Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:59 pm

Of the 2,687 E130s made in 1964, there are 19 in the database.

Yours built in Oct 1963 was early in the 1964 model year.  No way to know exactly.

Of all of the 1500 Econolines listed in the database, there are only 20 that we know came through the Twin Cities regional sales district.  Yours is the only 1964 on the list from Twin Cities.  I assume most of the MN vans have rusted away after 49 years.

The automatic transmission was also fairly rare.

I would guess that your van is unique in the world today.
    RipVanArkie
    RipVanArkie

Number of posts : 987
    Registration date : 2008-05-13

Post by RipVanArkie Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:43 am

http://econolineid.com/vehicle.php?v=323

this one I believe is my 8-door!

mnFalcon, it's nice to know you have something rare isnt it. Dont let anybody cut on it!

2013 MidSouth Econoline Meet
    Host of the MidSouth Econoline Meet, Petit Jean State Park, AR
    1967 Econoline Pickup
    1966 Econoline Supervan
    1967 Econoline 8-door regular van
    1965 ChevyVan, Cargo, 250/3speed

1964 Econoline 8-door Window Van, 4spd
    1966 Falcon SuperVan, Automatic

Post by Guest Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:38 am

Thanks alot for that specific information . . . it really helps out a lot. We plan on keeping the van as original as possible. We have considered putting in a 200 inline to swap out the 170. Is the 170 worth rebuilding and putting any performance mods to it. We plan on driving it down to Kansas City next summer for the FCA nats.
    Barnabas
    Barnabas

Post by Barnabas Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:38 pm

The 200 does have more power then the 170.

The mid-1964 and later 200 engines are built better than the 170. These 200 engines have 7 main bearings compared to your 170 with only 4 main bearings. You can tell it is a 7-bearing 200 engine by counting the freeze plugs on the side. 5 freeze plugs is the 200 to get. Stay away from the older 200 engines with 3 freeze plugs on the side.

Actual Production Numbers for E Series Empty Tires and other stuff

Post by Guest Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:51 am

If the van is rare, would it be wise to keep the 13" tires or move up to a larger size such as 14" or 15"? Who else besides Coker sells 13" tires?

What are vans of this age market value?

I have never owned a van, so a simple question i have is how do you remove the engine?

I will be having many more questions in the coming weeks as we dive into the replacement of parts such as leaf springs, shocks, brakes, king pins, etc
    Barnabas
    Barnabas

Post by Barnabas Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:16 pm

Since the 13" tires are becoming harder to find, most of us are moving to 14" and 15" tires.

To remove the engine, you have two main options. 1. Remove the dog house and lift the engine through the side door. 2. Drop the engine to the ground and lift the van.

The value of your van depends on the condition. West coast values are higher than here in the East. I would assume that these vans are fairly rare in MN so might command higher prices.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:23 am