VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+3
kookykrispy
Space Truckin
Vantasia
7 posters

SEATS! Seats..at last!

Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

SEATS! Seats..at last! Empty Re: SEATS! Seats..at last!

Post by Vantasia Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:36 pm

jbass62 wrote:The seats are in, but posting pictures here is just too complicated...anyone wants to see them, send me a PM with an email addy or if you are registered at the VCVC forum, look here:
    http://www.vcvc.org/showthread.php/22965-SEATS!/page3... apparently a t least three others have bought these seats too, some other pics there...

I finally figured out the picture posting process here, not too hard once you get it...next time I'll post my own as I already have in some other topics...
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Post by Vantasia Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:29 pm

65-G10-guy wrote:These seats are the bomb.  Great fit, very comfortable, REALLY GREAT PRICE.  Thanks for the find and for taking the time to post a link.
    SEATS! Seats..at last! 65g10s10

SEATS! Seats..at last! 65g10s11

SEATS! Seats..at last! 65g10s12

SEATS! Seats..at last! 65g10s13

Here's pics of install.  

Cool, glad they worked for you too! I see you really out did me on the frames, very nice!  I don't have a fab shop or welder, did the best I could with a vice, hammer and sawzall!  I like the removalbe frame for engine access? on the passenger side, again, nice job! I see you went with the back support knob on the inside, I opted for the outside so they can be reached with the doghouse cover closed, but the seats can be easily switched since the mount holes are the same both sides...
    65-G10-guy
    65-G10-guy

Number of posts : 110
    Registration date : 2012-11-16

SEATS! Seats..at last! Empty GREAT FIND

Post by 65-G10-guy Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:16 am

These seats are the bomb.  Great fit, very comfortable, REALLY GREAT PRICE.  Thanks for the find and for taking the time to post a link.
    SEATS! Seats..at last! 65g10s10

SEATS! Seats..at last! 65g10s11

SEATS! Seats..at last! 65g10s12

SEATS! Seats..at last! 65g10s13

Here's pics of install.
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Post by Vantasia Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:28 am

pan58head wrote:bought a set and they are nice, not sure how they sell them this cheap and ship them for free, box was heavy as hell!!!!  
    Thanks for hosting the picture seats for me...they sell them at a great price because the guy bought 500 pairs from a factory closeout sale, probably paid a low price for the whole lot and they still make a nice profit per set plus commercial shippers get a great rate.  They told me they still had about 200 sets left a few months ago.  I think they said they were for a European made Ford small delivery vehicle similar to the Transit Connect van but even smaller that was discontinued after a short run.  Since winter has arrived, I will wait until spring to remove the seats and paint the brackets along with the wheel wells and doghouse.  So far they have worked out very well, first thing the wife said after her first ride was how comfortable the seats were!  The deep dish bucket is firm and holds you in when cornering just right and the continuous backrest adjustment with the knob is a great feature too....Notice that on the passenger side it is close to the pillar, but if you slide the seat all the way forward, it is easily turned, the drivers side is no problem, plenty of room to turn it in any position.  Also, the seat belt receivers don't come with the seats, those are off another pair of late model seats.  The seats do come with the plastic side covers with openings for the belts and the mounting bolt.   The other option is to use longer ones and mount them to the floor but then they don't move back and forth with the seat and have to pivot and would get in the way of the engine cover.  I'd suggest finding a pair of short ones like these from eBay or the bone yard.  The ones I found just happened to match the 3-point belts I had, not all are the same size latch clip....
    RipVanArkie
    RipVanArkie

Number of posts : 987
    Registration date : 2008-05-13

Post by RipVanArkie Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:34 am

Jeff's Seats!

SEATS! Seats..at last! Th_DSC02657_zpsec52b26a
    SEATS! Seats..at last! Th_1001131933a_zps2d41a401
    SEATS! Seats..at last! Th_1001131933b_zpse93629a5
    SEATS! Seats..at last! Th_1001131935_zpsf51cb563
    SEATS! Seats..at last! Th_1001131935a_zps44824bd0
    SEATS! Seats..at last! Th_1001131948a_zps54df5a2f
    SEATS! Seats..at last! Th_1001131949c_zpsffccf4a2

2013 MidSouth Econoline Meet
    Host of the MidSouth Econoline Meet, Petit Jean State Park, AR
    1967 Econoline Pickup
    1966 Econoline Supervan
    1967 Econoline 8-door regular van
    1965 ChevyVan, Cargo, 250/3speed

1964 Econoline 8-door Window Van, 4spd
    1966 Falcon SuperVan, Automatic
    pan58head
    pan58head

Number of posts : 512
    Registration date : 2010-03-15

Post by pan58head Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:56 pm

bought a set and they are nice, not sure how they sell them this cheap and ship them for free, box was heavy as hell!!!!
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Post by Vantasia Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:08 pm

The seats are in, but posting pictures here is just too complicated...anyone wants to see them, send me a PM with an email addy or if you are registered at the VCVC forum, look here:
    http://www.vcvc.org/showthread.php/22965-SEATS!/page3... apparently a t least three others have bought these seats too, some other pics there...
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Post by Vantasia Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:39 am

I'm in the process of fabricating some brackets.  May take a week or so to finally get them in.  Since the seats are out, good time to paint the wheel wells and engine house, but once its done I will post some pics.  But I wouldn't hesitate to order these, they look great and fit.  They offer a money back guarantee if they don't fit, but ask the salesperson before you buy, I'd do it over the phone and not from the website for these or call them first.  They also have small bench seats used in commuter buses, would make a great pair of back seats for a van.
    mo_1040
    mo_1040

Number of posts : 645
    Registration date : 2008-07-04

Post by mo_1040 Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:50 pm

Almost ordered a pair... Waiting for some pics before I hit the buy button....
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Post by Vantasia Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:15 pm

Very slimline, there are plastic covers for the hinge areas not shown. I'm fitting them up this weekend. The actual width of the cushion at its widest is exactly 19.0". The passenger side just clears the box by an inch and the door by 1/2". Drivers side no problem. The recline knob is partially block by the side pillar if you mount them to the outside, to the inside, they may hit the lid. Its no problem, you just slide the seat forward to make adjustments and then back, I can live with that since there are very few choices for seats that fit that are new and clean and reasonable cost like these. I got the following e-mail from the seller:

Good morning Jeff,

Thank you very much for the response. We always appreciate positive feedback. If you have any photos of the seat in the van, we would love to see those as well.

Thank you also for spreading the word. Please don’t hesitate to give my contact information to anyone who may be interested. As we had discussed, we have a large amount of these seats in stock and ready to go.

Please let us know if you need anything else and good luck with your project! Thanks again!

Michael Viglietta
    Fleet Sales Manager

Suburban Auto Seat Co., Inc. · 35 Industrial Road · Lodi, NJ 07644
    Office: 973.778.9227 ext. 222 · Fax: 973.777.8564
    Visit us at www.suburbanseats.com · Like us on FaceBook
    kookykrispy
    kookykrispy

Number of posts : 1533
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

Post by kookykrispy Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:05 am

Wow, those look great!

SEATS! Seats..at last! UNIVERSALSEATS

SEATS! Seats..at last! UNIVERSAL.DRIVER.1.SPECS
    Space Truckin
    Space Truckin

Number of posts : 1278
    Registration date : 2009-10-17

Post by Space Truckin Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:58 am

Can't wait for pics
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

SEATS! Seats..at last! Empty SEATS! Seats..at last!

Post by Vantasia Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:09 pm

I have found the perfect sized seats for G-10 earlies, guys and gals, check these out:
    http://suburbanseats.com/p-universal-sports-car-bucket-seat-pair.aspx?catid=235
    At only 19" wide, (they show 19.5" but they are only 19.0") fits the passenger side with plenty of room to spare! I bought a set for the van formally known as Redbeard's Chug a Lug...The place is close to me for pickup but they ship anywhere. Huge warehouse that only sells commercial truck, bus and van seats like UPS trucks, airport shuttle vans, etc. The guy said these were surplus from a Ford govt. van or something to that effect and they had 500 pairs but have sold many to rodders, jeepers, etc...nice new clean and comfy seats. The tracks are 16" apart too, easy to mount, similar to stock mounting. Once they are in permanently, I will post a pic or two...These would work in an E or A van too...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 am