VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

New mags but the lugs are too short!

Andyt
    Andyt

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2013-06-06

New mags but the lugs are too short! Empty New mags but the lugs are too short!

Post by Andyt Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:01 pm

I just picked up a set of slotted mags for my handi - so excited that I tried to put one on in the dark when I got home. BUT, when I got it on, the lugs are too short.

The original steelies have very little thickness at the hub, and the new ones' lug holes are about an inch thick. I get that that's my problem, but I can't find anything in the forums about an adapter or extensions or anything.

What am I missing?
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

New mags but the lugs are too short! Empty Re: New mags but the lugs are too short!

Post by donivan65 Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:39 pm

If those are special lugs that match the wheels, you can put  longer studs in the axles and hubs,,,,,,,if those studs come close to sticking out of the wheels, you can use longer lug nuts if they fit INSIDE the wheel holes rather than OUTSIDE the wheel holes,,,,,,  
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

New mags but the lugs are too short! Empty Re: New mags but the lugs are too short!

Post by Digz Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:59 am

If they are Uni lug wheels with the slotted holes . you definitely need the washers and extended lugs. Or if they are round holes find the extended shank lug nuts. Lots of places on Ebay if you can't find something local.
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Post by Joe Van Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:40 am

Check out my reply on Vintage Vans General Discussion.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:42 pm

New mags but the lugs are too short! Repair18
    Andyt
    Andyt

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2013-06-06

Post by Andyt Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:38 pm

Got it, thanks guys. I found out the wheels are Ansen Deep Dish Mags.

I didn't realize I needed a different lug nut. The lug hole is 1" deep, so I guess I'll need the right sized lug, but with a 1" shank.

The back half of the lug holes are bigger than the front, does the lug nut shank just go all the way through to the plate/axle?
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:04 am

Well my lug nuts on my Rocket Mags are a tight fit,,,,and I would say they go all the way onto the studs except for 1 thread,,,,,,you want the lug nut to cover most of the thread,  not just holding on by 3 or 4,,,,,,and,,,,,,I am thinking if the hole is sloppy around the lug nut on the inside,  that is from the wheel being loose or wrong lug nuts,,,,,its worn out,,,,,,

New mags but the lugs are too short! Repair20

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:28 pm