VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+5
chainsaw
threequartersleeve
Twinpilot001
Joe Van
rustytoolss
9 posters

Shipping across country need input

rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Number of posts : 624
    Registration date : 2013-07-19

Shipping across country  need input Empty Shipping across country need input

Post by rustytoolss Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:06 am

I bought a 64 Dodge A100 pickup in Alpine, Calif 91901 that I need shipped to Clinton, Ohio 44216. Its a $5000. ride so an open transport is fine.
    Has anyone shipped a car, and who work out good? I've got quotes from $730-1400. Theres so many internet transpot companys its mind numbing.
    Who would you trust:affraid:  you might say fly out drive back...well the dodge has a bad head gasket ( reason price was right)
    Any input will help.
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Shipping across country  need input Empty Re: Shipping across country need input

Post by Joe Van Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:09 am

HELLO the BEST and MOST reliable and I have used before is Pass Port Transport..... ( formally Fed ex transport ) either enclosed or open trailer witch ever you want. And I have used U ship also not the best but will get the job done.!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Shipping across country  need input Empty Re: Shipping across country need input

Post by Twinpilot001 Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:57 am

u ship or contact any freight carrier & ask! Usually will only run 1000-1200.00 There is one close to me in montana that travels to calif & all over too Yet plenty will be looking 4 buisness & to fill a load .
    threequartersleeve
    threequartersleeve

Number of posts : 66
    Registration date : 2013-01-01

Post by threequartersleeve Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:08 am

I found a great, independent guy through uShip- Based out of Va. but is nationwide.
    http://www.uship.com/profile/taxtell51/
    I know what you mean- there are thousands of companies out there, linked to other companies and so on, but Tom was awesome, and easy to chat with- the ONLY concern I'd foresee is height clearance (he's enclosed) but at the time he didn't consider it a problem. He was shipping a car for me and I mentioned my van....
    he's worth checking out.
    chainsaw
    chainsaw

Number of posts : 226
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by chainsaw Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:04 am

I've had 2 cars shipped from Cali. to Tx. and Co. to Tx. using DAS. No problems, on time ect. BUT, if you read their reviews they suck bad. Might just come down to luck getting good drivers who care.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:19 pm

All i can add to this is to make sure the carrier does not tie the front end down by way of the front axle. it will bend or they will bend it . Instead use the frame just behind the body at the front bumper. hope that makes sence... congrats to you on your new toy...

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:39 pm

Magic Carpet did a great job from Reno to Ga. for me, good to work with for about 1,350.00 open carrier picked it up in 4 days and another 4 days it was here. Keep you in the know every step. Check'um out
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:53 pm

Alpine California is in my area,,,,,,,,,,We might be able capture the van and keep it by The Surfing Guys house until you come up with a plan,,,,,,,or I can go and see what that van really is like,,,,,,,,
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:22 pm

the_surfing_guy
    the_surfing_guy

Number of posts : 409
    Registration date : 2012-08-15

Post by the_surfing_guy Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:25 pm

That is an option...I don't mind storing at my house temporarily. However, there may be some tempting replacement parts on there for me...Totally just kidding. Mi casa is su casa...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:49 am