VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

vin number loction

vin number loction Empty vin number loction

Post by Guest Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:47 pm

i thought i read on her a while back about the locations on the body to find the vin number other than on the door. i told a buddy of mine i thought i did and i would findout. any body that knows how about letting me know. thanks joe c
    SDEconoTruck
    SDEconoTruck

Number of posts : 310
    Registration date : 2010-05-26

vin number loction Empty Re: vin number loction

Post by SDEconoTruck Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:18 pm

Hi Joe C,

Two spots. Under the mounting surface of the Dog House, literally under the gasket, usually on the passenger's side, but seen it on the driver's side.

The other spot is on the little brace/box that houses the gas filler pipe. This is inside the Truck/Van and the stamp is on the smaller brace connected to the little box in the corner. Though I've seen it on the lip of the box itself.

Hope this helps,
    George

Post by Guest Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:44 pm

sure does thanks George. i was thinking someone said wheel well to. i don't know could be me just thinking lol thanks joe c
    Barnabas
    Barnabas
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2011
    Registration date : 2011-01-16

Post by Barnabas Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:23 pm

In addition to what George said, my 1965 PU has the number on the floor under the front of the dog house.

Most I have seen have the number on the cross brace in front of the tail light on the passenger side. But as George said, it could be on the driver side.

1965-1967 Econolines also had the number on the top of the hump behind the dog house.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 6:17 am