VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Ladies & Gentlemen welcome to: "Name That Wire"

BlueSteel
    BlueSteel

Number of posts : 111
    Registration date : 2013-05-15

Ladies & Gentlemen welcome to: "Name That Wire" Empty Ladies & Gentlemen welcome to: "Name That Wire"

Post by BlueSteel Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:58 pm

After a brief summer hiatus I trying to catch up on work, part-time youth pastor... which means I get paid part-time for full-time work LOL! But in all honesty I'm super stoked to have a job Smile

Anywhos I've been stumped on this frig'n non-working turn/brake indicator (i suck).

I pulled this snipped wire from the fuse box... Is this a ground wire that isn't grounded?

Sorry for the annoying re-post.  

its a 62 (if that helps)

Ladies & Gentlemen welcome to: "Name That Wire" Fusebo11
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Ladies & Gentlemen welcome to: "Name That Wire" Empty Re: Ladies & Gentlemen welcome to: "Name That Wire"

Post by dix Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:48 pm

I'm not a ford owner but on a dodge that would be a power wire .It looks like it pluged in the back of the fuse box.

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Ladies & Gentlemen welcome to: "Name That Wire" Empty Re: Ladies & Gentlemen welcome to: "Name That Wire"

Post by Twinpilot001 Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:04 pm

im bettin thats a power wire =likely an early type fuseable link??Basketball 
    dan nachel
    dan nachel

Number of posts : 394
    Registration date : 2012-01-24

Post by dan nachel Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:14 pm

Hook a test light to where that wire came from and see if it is hot
    BlueSteel
    BlueSteel

Number of posts : 111
    Registration date : 2013-05-15

Post by BlueSteel Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:36 pm

Ok cool... I'm not exactly a narrow person & some acrobatics are involved when I try to squeeze between the seat & the steering column, yet under the e-brake lever (if the ebrake isn't deployed then it jabs me in the back Evil or Very Mad 

I'm busy all day tomorrow, I'll get back under dash Sunday afternoon & check if the slot where this came from is 'hot'...

ANOTHER QUESTION... to check if something is "hot" does the vehical have to be running, key in the ignition & turned 'on' or will there be a continual voltage from the battery?

Ladies & Gentlemen welcome to: "Name That Wire" 40080988
    CraigK
    CraigK

Number of posts : 141
    Registration date : 2012-05-14

Post by CraigK Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:16 am

Ive got the harness out of my 62. Here is a pic of the switch. The only wire on mine that looks like yours is a brown wire, 10 ga? according to the wire diagram I am using (1966) it is for the heater.
    I did an ohm meter test and that is where it goes on my harness
    While this may not help you turn signal issues it may help you figure out what wire you have there.

Ladies & Gentlemen welcome to: "Name That Wire" Light_10

Ladies & Gentlemen welcome to: "Name That Wire" Wire_h10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:40 pm