VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Slant 6 room for AC ? PS ?

rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Number of posts : 624
    Registration date : 2013-07-19

Slant 6  room for AC ?    PS ? Empty Slant 6 room for AC ? PS ?

Post by rustytoolss Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:50 am

In my quest for answers (before I commit and by an A100). Is there enough room under the dog house to fit a AC compressor on a slant 6?. Is there enough distance above the intake manifold. I'm sure it could be mounted on the lower engine. Or power wise & room wise would a 318 be the better way to go? But I also have thoughts of maybe adding PS. (but that's another story). But about PS. I've read that the original system was more of a Power ram to "HELP" make steering easier. Seems to me when I was a mechanic the Ford Granadas had that type of system. (been a long time, could be wrong about that). But I do know that early tri5 chevys had a power ram for steering. Shawn
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Slant 6  room for AC ?    PS ? Empty Re: Slant 6 room for AC ? PS ?

Post by Twinpilot001 Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:06 am

yes to=ALL!!cheers 
    Dawgboy
    Dawgboy

Number of posts : 278
    Registration date : 2013-04-20

Post by Dawgboy Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:57 am

Dude, Just get out there and find one. They are tons of fun, and if you are a shade tree mechanic at all, you will love it.

There is just tons of room in the doghouse with a /6, not so much in the 3 V8's I have seen.

That being said, If you are not a shade tree mechanic, and don't want to get dirty hands, get a Previa.
    rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Number of posts : 624
    Registration date : 2013-07-19

Post by rustytoolss Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:18 am

Dawgboy wrote:Dude, Just get out there and find one. They are tons of fun, and if you are a shade tree mechanic at all, you will love it.

There is just tons of room in the doghouse with a /6, not so much in the 3 V8's I have seen.

That being said, If you are not a shade tree mechanic, and don't want to get dirty hands,

get a Previa.
    20yrs auto mechanic. been working on cars since age 15 (56 now) raced 64 dodge polara 440 six pac, 1971 duster 426 hemi. owned 68 charger 440 six pac. presently own 1933 Desoto coupe 426 hemi (from duster)/ 1946 dodge dumpbed pickup 2.5 turbo dodge 4cyl. MOPAR runs through my blood stream.
    As for CLEAN HANDS I would not be seen in public with clean hands. If my wife had to identify my body, and there were clean hands. She would know it was not me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 6:47 am