VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

New memeber in Knoxville

New memeber in Knoxville Empty New memeber in Knoxville

Post by Guest Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:42 pm

I was wondering if there are any Vintage Vanners or Vintage Van Events in or around Knoxville TN.
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

New memeber in Knoxville Empty Re: New memeber in Knoxville

Post by vanny Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:02 pm

I'm sure Duane from Tennessee will chime in and let you know. Welcome to VV! Do you have a van already? If so, we look forward to seeing some pics! Someone from this site just sold his Chevy Sportvan in Knoxville. Was that you who bought it?

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow

Post by Guest Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:16 pm

nope i didn't buy it. I saw the pictures though it looked like a nice van. I have a 63 E-100 van. i am hoping to get some pictures on here soon. where should i post them?
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:34 pm

You can start a Member's showcase thread for your van so that we could follow your progress and you could use it to update or ask questions. Then you can look back later to see how far you've come.

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:58 pm

Welcome to VV. Lots of help in here for all your "E" needs. Looking forward to seeing some pics.
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:38 pm

Welcome. I'm on the other end of the state from you in Jackson. Not much in E events on your end. We have the Midsouth meet at Petit Jean Mountian AR every Laborday weekend but that's five hours west of me and I'm about 6 or 7 west of you. Big haul. Jim Bulger has talked about putting together a meet in Atlanta but I don't believe he has. There are some shows in Florida if you are up to traveling.

I've taken my Econoline pickup to the F-100 nationals when it was in Knoxville. There was one other E pickup there but I don't believe that constitutes a meet. LOL. I've played around with the idea of hosting a meet but I'm just not able to at this time.

The Petit Jean meet is a lot of fun. We call it an Econoline meet but any early is welcome. It's more of a family type atmosphere than the party pit that early van shows were. We camp out at the State Park on top of the mountian usually starting on Wednesday Thursday or Friday, We try and do a cruise on Saturday. Pot luck Saturday night and show at the Museum of Automobiles on Sunday. We have people come from Texas to Georgia to Rhode Island to Kansas and everything in between.

Come on out if you can!

Duane in Tennessee.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:05 am