VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+4
HandiVanMan
Twinpilot001
RodStRace
dix
8 posters

This is the bull sh**t police get away with

dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8759
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

This is the bull sh**t police get away with Empty This is the bull sh**t police get away with

Post by dix Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:42 am

Don't get me wrong i have friends that are police but this is wrong.  http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/state-regional/bottled-water-purchase-leads-to-night-in-jail-for-u/article_45498018-e019-11e2-b98a-001a4bcf6878.html
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

This is the bull sh**t police get away with Empty Re: This is the bull sh**t police get away with

Post by dix Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:21 pm

RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

This is the bull sh**t police get away with Empty Re: This is the bull sh**t police get away with

Post by RodStRace Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:05 pm

Being a cop is a very tough job. I thank every one of them that take the job seriously and really do serve and protect. However, they must earn that respect by not only doing the job right but weeding out their fellow officers that are NOT. Unfortunately, the code of silence and the unions seriously undermine this critical aspect. This is especially troubling in this modern age when audio and video is so common and able to record so many encounters. If anyone is granted extra privileges, they must also be held to a higher standard.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/11/15845678-cops-gone-bad-some-notorious-cases-of-officers-who-wound-up-on-the-wrong-side-of-the-law?lite

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2012/01/143-mph-in-a-55-zone-while-dui-cops-union-want-him-rehired/

http://reason.com/archives/2012/10/19/how-special-rights-for-law-enforcement-m

Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:47 pm

maybe =wrong? maybe =Not?? depends as wae only read whats reported too here in the story. Ill say = before any judgement is looked at - we need all the facts and the accounts from everyone involved too!cheers 
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:49 pm

Rod i have 2 friends that are police. they all have a job that i don't want, but that was a bad deal and all over what they thought was a college kid buying beer, .guns should never be drawn over somthing like that.how can police account for 6 or more police to arrest a person under aged buying beer,This is what the college hire their own police for.
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Number of posts : 1868
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Post by HandiVanMan Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:10 pm

The police is good at catching underage kids buying alcohol & writing tickets! They suck at solving crimes or patrolling neighborhoods to keep them safe & crime free! In this day & time all the police departments are about is making money! They are to busy getting out on the interstate highways to catch people speeding & try to catch drug smuggler's! I thought that's what we have the State Patrol for? Here in the county in Georgia that I live in the City & County sets up shop on I-75 and the State Patrol sets on our county roads with their radar! This has been the norm for the past several years here. I have had one car stolen from me & broken into 4 times in the last 10 years. I had to investigate my last burglary to get the SOB's off of the street!
    jimthefred
    jimthefred

Number of posts : 326
    Registration date : 2012-01-15

Post by jimthefred Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:39 pm

Dont like cops,dont trust them either. They are a different breed. The problem is it would be worst without them. They really need to be more selective about who they give power and authority to,Some dont handle it well at all. Its a shame I feel the way I do as Im sure there are many that are straight up good guys that want to make a difference. The ones I see all the time are vultures preying on the public for revenue or playing green berets. Suspect
    mikeysly
    mikeysly

Number of posts : 284
    Registration date : 2012-05-29

Post by mikeysly Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:41 am

first time i got a ticket cop held a gun to my head.....
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Post by Twinpilot001 Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:02 am

I have seen both sides of the story!= in this time= our police departments have all become ="Revenue " producing agencys = get that ticket written & get the bucks coming in!! I have yet to see any government agency - no matter how small= ever do without!! From multi-million dollar schools, to the federal govt's give away programs! Government breeds- larger taxsation & more government! Sad -yet so true. We need the police - just doing what they do & we also need to see them doing more too- criminals being arrested, druggies & thieves sent to prisions. What we need much less of is lenient courts & judges.Id love to see all attorneys =barred from any political office-all!! -giving the jobs to the average working man with some real lifes experiences!! WOW!! What a concept!!cheers 

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:02 am

In 2001 Clinton signed legislation to federally fund local police through grants. This included the use of police state style check points and training in overly aggressive tactics. It is all about getting people accustomed to being ordered around and being illegally searched and questioned. The things we are learning about, NSA spying, IRS intimidatation, would have brought charges 30 years ago, and so would this. Good police are being used as tools by an oppressive government. Stop making excuses and exepting it. IT'S WRONG.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:33 pm

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:15 am

Since this political thread is still going and the discussion has not got ugly, I'll add another couple stories.
    In the words of someone (who apparently is unknown)
    If You're Not Angry, You're Not Paying Attention

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20130702/13385923696/texas-trooper-shoves-74-year-old-then-arrests-her-felony-assault-when-she-hits-him-with-her-purse.shtml

and

https://www.courthousenews.com/2013/07/03/59061.htm

a couple quotes so you are interested enough to open and read the link

"The Mitchell family's claim includes Third Amendment violations, a rare claim in the United States. The Third Amendment prohibits quartering soldiers in citizens' homes in times of peace without the consent of the owner."

The complaint continues: "Defendant Officer David Cawthorn outlined the defendants' plan in his official report: 'It was determined to move to 367 Evening Side and attempt to contact Mitchell. If Mitchell answered the door he would be asked to leave. If he refused to leave he would be arrested for Obstructing a Police Officer. If Mitchell refused to answer the door, force entry would be made and Mitchell would be arrested.'"

3rd amendment info here
    http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Third+Amendment

HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Number of posts : 1868
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Post by HandiVanMan Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:24 pm

We all know that we need Law & Order in the USA but like to the song lyrics of Waylon Jennings famous outlaw song..... Don't Y'all Think This Outlaw Bit Has Done Got Out Of Hand???

It seems to me that with all of the eaves dropping & spying on American Citizens that our Government is saying that we are All Outlaws!!!
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Post by Twinpilot001 Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:22 pm

See=MY AVITAR!!! Says it =ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gothboy
    Gothboy

Number of posts : 714
    Registration date : 2012-07-02

Post by Gothboy Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:26 am

mikeyslymikeysly wrote:first time i got a ticket cop held a gun to my head.....

Almost the same here. On a driving permit, I got my first ticket. The cop thought it neccessary to pull his gun because my straw wrapper blew out the window as I was trying to throw it in the back seat of my buddies car while I was a passenger. Nice start to life.

It was a straw wrapper not like it was c4. Whatever....
    Wheelie
    Wheelie

Number of posts : 322
    Registration date : 2013-02-22

Post by Wheelie Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:30 pm

Cops always make me nervous. I even have a few that stop by the shop often. They still bug me out for some reason and make me uncomfortable. I have had my run ins when I was in my teens and 20's over nothing too major so there is no reason but they still creep me out.

Here are some interseting statistics, not surprising by me at all.
    http://www.copblock.org/2841/police-brutality-statistics/
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:02 pm

those stats are nothing to be proud of.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:29 pm