VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

A100 Build dates

1040imp
    1040imp

Number of posts : 42
    Registration date : 2012-09-24

A100 Build dates Empty A100 Build dates

Post by 1040imp Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:28 am

Hello from Scotland. 

Can anybody help me prove the build date of my A100?

I can't get my van registered here because I have "not given sufficient dating evidence" even though I have provided the California title etc showing the 64 build date. 

Is there any way I can narrow it down??

Thanks,

Hugh
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

A100 Build dates Empty Re: A100 Build dates

Post by dix Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:20 am

on your vin plate the last 5 numbers will tell if it's a 1964   000001 thru -014999 . http://missiondetail.com/vin.htm
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:26 am

I know some one who worked the assembly line in detroit mi. if needed i can contact him. to see what he knows. And he knows a lot...
    terencejiminy
    terencejiminy

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2008-09-08

Post by terencejiminy Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:03 pm

Dix just got hold of me.
    Rolling Eyes Didn't see you come back with that VIN# and I would need the one STAMPED on the Rt frame rail just behind, or just ahead of, the rt front shock?
    If you can't find it for whatever reason, I'll accept the one stamped into the ID tag in the Lt Frt door opening. 
    Build dates were sporadic at the least, in summer of 1963 getting the first 1964 A's out the door at Dodge Truck, Warren Compact Building.
    I also can't imagine why any jurisdiction would need an actual Build Date unless there was/is some question with the validity or originality of your factory riveted on ID tag?
    If there is NOT an ID Tag - just the 4 holes where it used to be - THAT may be their question.
    Go to the SN# stamped into the Rt frame rail. Very Happy
    Please Note:
    1. There was NO Build date on the Factory ID tag.
    2. All build sheets were removed from Dodge trucks before they left the plant.
    3. If there WAS one left in there it may be taped to the roof behind the headliner or stuck to the bottom of a rear seat, such as in a Custom Sportsman. 
    In a Tradesman Van or Pickup the chance of ANY build sheet surviving was slim to none. Crying or Very sad
    Ter'

Last edited by terencejiminy on Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More info needed)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 4:31 pm