VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

200 ci auto trans options

200 ci auto trans options Empty 200 ci auto trans options

Post by Guest Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:30 pm

I am considering swapping a 200 ci into my van and want to go to an automatic. what are my options? Overdrive would be nice if it is a possibility.
    Old Skool
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1306
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

200 ci auto trans options Empty Re: 200 ci auto trans options

Post by Old Skool Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:01 pm

Need to know what year if looking for a C4. If You have a 64 then you will only need the special 64 sheet metal engine hangers for the automatic. If you have a 61 to 63 then you will need to drill the extra hole in the frame for the automatic transmission mounting position.
     If a late then you will not need either and just use the late stock mount position in the frame.
     In regards to an AOD, if you have the dual bell pattern 200 then it will bolt up to the 200, however as there are or is no tail stock for an AOD that will connect to any GENI overhead mount what so ever, and no replacement tail stock for the AOD either. Of the AOD's there are three types, all with the same under transmission mounts. All of the AOD transmissions will have an under transmission mount and regardless of the year of your truck, it will require a transmission cross member like the one in the picture that I make. The transmission in the picture is a C6 that I put a short tail stock onto but the mount and the cross member are the same for an AOD also.
     Of the first two types, one for a ECM controlled transmission and one that is controlled by an adjustable cable to the carb. Of these two types there are also a low geared planetary one and a standard geared unit.
    Vic

200 ci auto trans options Img_0110

200 ci auto trans options 100_1124

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:29 pm

Thanks Old Skool That is some great info. How would I know if i have a dual pattern 200? what year AOD would be the best one to have?
    Old Skool
    Econoline Guru

Post by Old Skool Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:40 am

Here is a picture of the dual bell pattern 200. I don't remember exactly the years but think it was 72 and up. Regardless here is what to look for. KRUD!!!!   4,000 PICS to look through and I cannot find it!!!!!  I know I have one some where that shows the two patterns,, dratzzz,,,, still looking.
      Regardless, you will need the NON computer controlled AOD with the shorter tail stock. I believe it is in the Thunderbird for sure and Mustangs.  I have not seen one hooked up to a 200 but it sure sounds like it would be the answer.  Wishing I could grab one this weekend as I also want one and its 50 per cent off, (ha,ha,)  as it still doesn't add up to 50 percent.  I grabbed a Dodge donout mount 727 today for my A-100 pickup and it still cost me!!!Crying or Very sad 
    Vic
    Vantastic
    Vantastic

Number of posts : 290
    Registration date : 2011-02-28

Post by Vantastic Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:58 am

Man Old Skool is that the underside of your van?? That's clean!
    Old Skool
    Econoline Guru

Post by Old Skool Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:06 am

WISHED it was,,, no time for my own stuff and my daily driver junk yarder 67 xtndo all full of grease from parts.. KRUD,,,  that is one of the trucks that I am building for customer... everyone else except me,,,,
    vic

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:39 pm