VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

A big Thanks to all of you A100 enthusiasts

hoffy09
    hoffy09

Number of posts : 48
    Registration date : 2013-05-19

A big Thanks to all of you A100 enthusiasts Empty A big Thanks to all of you A100 enthusiasts

Post by hoffy09 Sat May 25, 2013 5:08 pm

I have been fascinated with these pickups since I was a kid and Maverick was pasted all over my walls with his front wheels way up in the air. I am now 47 and my enthusiasm has only increased. A few years ago, I was able to actually locate a very solid truck and begin my saga getting it back on the road the way I wanted it to be. Modern conveniences like A/C, P/W, P/B, and comfortable seats while leaving the exterior bone stock with the cool gasser stance. I had found very limited information before locating this site.

I have now poured over this site for hours and hours night after night and have found out things I could not find out anywhere else.

Thank you all very much. I will do what I can as well to post my troubles and revelations while I do my best to get the old girl on the road.
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

A big Thanks to all of you A100 enthusiasts Empty Re: A big Thanks to all of you A100 enthusiasts

Post by vanny Sat May 25, 2013 5:15 pm

Congrats Hoffy! You're in good company on this site. Lots of helpful people willing to assist in any way they can. Thanks for saving another one and don't forget the pics! We REALLY like pics!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

A big Thanks to all of you A100 enthusiasts Empty Re: A big Thanks to all of you A100 enthusiasts

Post by dix Sat May 25, 2013 6:05 pm

welcome to the site, what took you so long??? we always try to help .

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Sun May 26, 2013 7:39 am

Welcome!

A/C - Can be done, but make sure to get a good quality aftermarket kit and remember that the added condenser increases cooling needs and will require high quality radiator, fans and ducting.

P/W - check the rodding sites, they will have a lot more experience on which systems or junkyard parts work best.

P/B Same thing here. Most A conversions are to non power discs. 2 Ways to go, typical vacuum boost which has big clearance issues or an in place or remote hydraulic boost like big trucks and some high end pro touring stuff. Lots of research needed to get the system sized right, the correct matched parts and most of all, safety!

I still haven't seen any 3rd Gen Hemi conversions, hint, hint!
    hoffy09
    hoffy09

Number of posts : 48
    Registration date : 2013-05-19

Post by hoffy09 Sun May 26, 2013 11:53 am

RodStRace wrote:Welcome!

A/C - Can be done, but make sure to get a good quality aftermarket kit and remember that the added condenser increases cooling needs and will require high quality radiator, fans and ducting.

P/W - check the rodding sites, they will have a lot more experience on which systems or junkyard parts work best.

P/B Same thing here. Most A conversions are to non power discs. 2 Ways to go, typical vacuum boost which has big clearance issues or an in place or remote hydraulic boost like big trucks and some high end pro touring stuff. Lots of research needed to get the system sized right, the correct matched parts and most of all, safety!

I still haven't seen any 3rd Gen Hemi conversions, hint, hint!

A/C- Done. I used a Hurricane 2000 from Old Air Products. It is a heat/defrost/air unit that replaced the factory unit completely. It is a unit designed so that all of the hoses go thru the floor. Awesome unit.

P/W- Done. Power conversion from Autolock.

P/B- Keep watching. I will get it done somehow.

New Hemi? Not a chance. They cost waaaaaaaay too much for me. I looked into it really hard before deciding on my Magnum.
    dodge man
    dodge man

Number of posts : 2036
    Registration date : 2012-08-08

Post by dodge man Sun May 26, 2013 1:39 pm

welcome to VV, its a great site, i'de never have been able to fix mine the way i did without all the help from these great guys,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:02 pm