VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+4
G-Man
NoBiggie
Vanish
LVMtnMan
8 posters

Proud 'New' owner of a '64 Econoline Falcon

LVMtnMan
    LVMtnMan

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2013-05-05

Proud 'New' owner of a '64 Econoline Falcon  Empty Proud 'New' owner of a '64 Econoline Falcon

Post by LVMtnMan Sun May 05, 2013 7:07 pm

cheers Last night I just purchased my first ford, classic, and van. I anticipate visiting this forum often and I have to tell you I'm really stoked. I'm in Las Vegas if anyone else out there is in the Southern Nevada region. These are the pics I have. Clearly there is front end damage but the good news is the previous owner already has the parts to fix it. He cut the entire front passenger section off of a p/u at a junkyard. Is there anything that jumps out at anyone that I need to address or common changes everyone makes? The first thing I'm going to do is an E-Fan conversion. It gets 100+ in Vegas during the summer on a regular basis. it has a 170 in it with unknown miles. scratch

Proud 'New' owner of a '64 Econoline Falcon  112
    Proud 'New' owner of a '64 Econoline Falcon  Dsc02511
    Proud 'New' owner of a '64 Econoline Falcon  Dsc02512
    Proud 'New' owner of a '64 Econoline Falcon  Dsc02513
    Proud 'New' owner of a '64 Econoline Falcon  Dsc02514
    Proud 'New' owner of a '64 Econoline Falcon  Dsc02515
    Proud 'New' owner of a '64 Econoline Falcon  Dsc02516
    Proud 'New' owner of a '64 Econoline Falcon  Im000810
    Proud 'New' owner of a '64 Econoline Falcon  Dsc02517
    Proud 'New' owner of a '64 Econoline Falcon  Dsc02518
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Proud 'New' owner of a '64 Econoline Falcon  Empty Re: Proud 'New' owner of a '64 Econoline Falcon

Post by Vanish Sun May 05, 2013 7:13 pm

GREAT LOOKING VAN YOU GOT THERE !!!!! CONGRATS !!!! and welcome in !!!

NoBiggie
    NoBiggie

Number of posts : 726
    Registration date : 2012-09-26

Proud 'New' owner of a '64 Econoline Falcon  Empty Re: Proud 'New' owner of a '64 Econoline Falcon

Post by NoBiggie Sun May 05, 2013 7:26 pm

Welcome to the club!
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Sun May 05, 2013 8:28 pm

Welcome!!!
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Sun May 05, 2013 8:50 pm

Welcome to VV LVMtnMan. Nice looking ride. It's hard to find them without nose damage..lol. The best upgrade you can ever do to these old girls is replace that single master to a 67 dual, and then check out your wiring. It's in your best interest also to check out your wiring for cannibalism. If it's old...replace it with new. Just a couple of things that come to mind. Use the search feature and check out all the "how to's" and you will get lots of ideas on things that need to be looked at. To much stuff to list....lol.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:05 pm

Cool van LV good luck with it bro. got mine here to Ga. a week ago from Navada. mines a 65 with the 240-6 look like we both got a job ahead of us. Don't think yours will be real bad having the parts and all. good luck again
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:22 pm

nice score

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:29 am

Welcome!
    As said, make sure it steers, stops and won't burn itself down (wiring)!
    After that, get the drivertrain sorted and make sure all the lights and gauges work so the police only admire, not detain!
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:38 pm

Congrats on the Falcon LV! Welcome to VV, lots of great info here. If you do a Great job, maybe Danny the Count from Counts Kustoms will spot it in your driveway and make you an offer you can't refuse!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:00 pm