VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+10
Ruben Ramirez
Big W
diamond dave
Vantasia
Vanish
Joe Van
Space Truckin
vanny
donivan65
ricecube384
14 posters

New Member & Proud Owner of a 66 G-Van

ricecube384
    ricecube384

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2014-08-01

New Member & Proud Owner of a 66 G-Van Empty New Member & Proud Owner of a 66 G-Van

Post by ricecube384 Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:42 pm

Hello from the golden state specifically Monterey, Ca. Super stoked to find a forum for these vans and looking to tap the knowledge of the site and seasoned van owners out there.

I picked up a 66 Panel Van a week ago to use as my shop van/ daily driver (own a homebrew store). Originally I was looking at econolines until this beauty came along. It needs work, but the engine is solid and it shifts good. I never owned an older car like this before and the "3 on the tree" stuff is a trip and the lack of power steering is already giving my forearms a workout. Also driving with no rear windows and speedometer bouncing between 30 & 70MPH on the highway is quite the experience. Otherwise i love driving the thing, but the wife thinks im crazy for buying it.  cyclops

Cheers to G-Vans!

RiceCube
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

New Member & Proud Owner of a 66 G-Van Empty Re: New Member & Proud Owner of a 66 G-Van

Post by donivan65 Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:13 pm

you are starting off here just great,,,,,,cant get much better than a guy with a 1st Gen that shows us where another Early van now is.........
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

New Member & Proud Owner of a 66 G-Van Empty Re: New Member & Proud Owner of a 66 G-Van

Post by vanny Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:08 pm

Congrats RC!! You've come to a Great Earlies site! Lots of people here crazy about these vans just like you. Plenty of help available just for the asking. Welcome!!!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    Space Truckin
    Space Truckin

Number of posts : 1279
    Registration date : 2009-10-17

Post by Space Truckin Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:44 pm

Welcome, and enjoy the RIDE!  Very Happy 
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Post by Joe Van Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:42 am

Welcome To VV..!!!.. cheers ..You have found the Biggest and Best sight for Early Van's and Van ups.....Tons of Great info here. Smile ....

Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:41 am

Welcome In !!!!!!!

Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

Post by Vantasia Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:09 am

Yes, Welcome!  Lots of info and help here, you will be an expert in no time! Ask away, how to's, pictures of what you need to know, its all here!  You van will make a great rolling billboard for your business!  You'll get used to the rear view thing, takes a little practice!  With the right front tire size, steering should not be a problem providing all the running gear is OK. Just from your avatar pic, looks like a solid van, just having a stock, un-bent front bumper and intact headlight rings already puts you ahead of the game!!  The speedo thing could be a worn cable, maybe its loose or just needs some lube at each end....if its the actual gauge itself, plenty of used gauge pods with the speedo come and go here in the parts listings all time and there are still some parts vans in yards on line to pick from....when I get an old car, the first thing to do is make a list of everything you see it needs starting with the engine, interior, exterior, etc. and go from there! Learn how to post some pics here, you have to host it, easy, follow the tutorial....and let's see what you got!    And you MAKE BEER?? Our kind of guy!!! JT
    diamond dave
    diamond dave

Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2012-04-24

Post by diamond dave Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:32 pm

welcome, from ohio. lots of great people on here.
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:41 pm

Welcome to VV. As previously stated...you have come to the right place. Be sure to start a build thread and post pics as you go through your build so we can all follow along. Nice looking ride you have there.
    Ruben Ramirez
    Ruben Ramirez

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2014-11-23

Post by Ruben Ramirez Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:57 pm

how do you insert a picture from my computer desktop pics, new to the van community want to post a pic of my 68 Chevy Van.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:49 pm

This would be for Windows XP,,,,,,,,,but the procedure is basically the same,,,,,,,you might have to Right Click to see the menus,,,,see how far you get with these directions,,,,,,

New Member & Proud Owner of a 66 G-Van Pix_di11

New Member & Proud Owner of a 66 G-Van Pix_di13
    65-G10-guy
    65-G10-guy

Number of posts : 110
    Registration date : 2012-11-16

Post by 65-G10-guy Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:28 am

Big welcome to VV.  I am just wrapping up a 2 year resto project and couldn't have done it without the great help I got here.  I love the fact that my "G" drives like a truck not a new car. It's always a hoot to drive, and it turns heads everywhere.  Put a sign on the side to advertise your brew.  Even better yet put the van picture on the bottle.  Just remember, most of your brake system is likely to be 50 years old. Make that a priority. I speak from experience.  BTW with a stock steering wheel and normal size tires it should steer fine. When I bought my van it had really fat tires and a small aftermarket steering wheel. Bad combo, but I fixed that.  Enjoy the ride!  Jerry
    rocky69rhodes
    rocky69rhodes

Number of posts : 359
    Registration date : 2014-09-26

Post by rocky69rhodes Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am

welcome I need Beer
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:49 am

welcome to v.v.

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2013-07-20

New Member & Proud Owner of a 66 G-Van Empty Rice is Nice

Post by vrod64 Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:14 am

Welome. Lots of great info on the Site.

And I thought Budweiser was the only beer made with Rice ? Bests

V

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:55 pm