VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Bolt Sources for Leaf Springs and Lower Shocks Here

NoBiggie
    NoBiggie

Number of posts : 726
    Registration date : 2012-09-26

Bolt Sources for Leaf Springs and Lower Shocks Here Empty Bolt Sources for Leaf Springs and Lower Shocks Here

Post by NoBiggie Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:04 pm

Thought would post some info in case anyone needs it in the future about bolt sizes and sources.

On my 1967 van, the lower bolt that goes through the axle, front shock and sway bar is a 1/2" x 6" Grade 8 bolt. They sell them at Home Depot. I bought two bolts, 2 grade 8 nuts and 4 grade 8 washers for around $7.

I also needed new leaf spring eye bolts. These go through the leaf spring bushings. They are Grade 5 5/8" x 4" bolts factory, I went with Grade 8 for the replacements. Here is the link:

http://www.autoandtrucksprings.com/products/Leaf_Spring_Eye_Bolt_Kit_Grade_8_5_8_x4_FREE_SHIPPING-708-87.html

www.autoandtrucksprings.com also looks like they have round and square u-bolts that might work if needed.
    Buzzard
    Buzzard

Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2012-07-01

Bolt Sources for Leaf Springs and Lower Shocks Here Empty Re: Bolt Sources for Leaf Springs and Lower Shocks Here

Post by Buzzard Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:37 pm

Other info too if you have a 3020 heavy duty rear axel with 2 1/2 in pads in the rear order the front drums for your rear brakes, they fit . Discount brakes has them for under $60.00 for 2 of them including shipping. Part #CE122.65007

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 1:10 pm