VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

help motor ?

help motor ? Empty help motor ?

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:01 pm

[b]does anyone know how to tell if the van came with a /6 or V8 confused easily the one i got has no motor or trans i do want a V8 in it any help is muchto be wanted thanks ahead of time Very Happy
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

help motor ? Empty Re: help motor ?

Post by dix Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:47 pm

Tell us what the vin tag says on the drivers side wheel well

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:41 pm

i'll get back with that but it will take some time van is in very deep snow 40inches deep so can't open doors at this time thought there just might be something simple confused

Last edited by bobleverington on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to finish wife talking)

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:59 pm

found the vin decoder on here this will be great help thanks a million or 1.2 mil canadian
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:13 pm

Any remaining tips to ID it would still be tough in 40 inches of snow! Shocked
    The motor brackets from the frame would help (v8 are even, /6 are different lengths), is the trans still in it? The bell housing pattern would help. Also look for any exhaust remnants underneath is probably the easiest once it's clear. Radiator if original might help.
    Remember that these have been messed with for many years by many owners, so stuff is often changed.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:34 pm

i wish there was more to the van it is covered no trans or exhaust but if i remember the engine mount are flat i did buy the van last fall but have just found this site i covered it

Post by Guest Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:50 am

bobleverington wrote:i'll get back with that but it will take some time van is in very deep snow 40inches deep so can't open doors at this time thought there just might be something simple confused

AHHH!the great Canadian winters, always a joy to see thoses pure white flake fallen down..on our vans. and then changing to mud and water, Evil or Very Mad ....corrosive( moment of poetry)

Post by Guest Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:26 pm

Position 3 in thr VIN is either 6 or 8. Guess what that means.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:54 pm

snow then pothole season here. i live where they we're covering that big flood in 2011 it effect north dakota also the place with hoop and haller bend portage la praire sorry to my fellow canadians i can not speak french

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:22 pm